Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
2 men catch a falling baby
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2009, 19:46
~*Shannon*~
Some accidentally forget their kids at home when they go somewhere (yes, it happens). Some (like my parents), leave a ground floor glass door open without thinking their 15 month old is going to open the screen door and run off and get three blocks down before it's realized he's not in the house, four blocks down before someone catches him.

Should there have been a barrier on the window? Yes. But most people don't actually think that an 18 month old is strong enough to pop the screen out and climb over the ledge in order TO fall 30 feet to the ground. And if the Dad had just left the room to get the crying baby, he probably didn't expect that his 18 month old daughter was making eyes at the window and would be THAT FAST to get to it before he made it back to the room.

If the dad had been in the same room as the girl, and just turned his back for an instant (because we ALL know you can't keep your eyes on your children every second), would the reactions be just as harsh? Somehow, I don't think so.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2009, 16:17
monoboo
damn some of you are harsh. this actually made me think of eric clapton. "tears in heaven," ring a bell, anyone? http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/tears.asp
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2009, 17:31
SweetAngel88
Was I harsh...??? I was looking at both sides of the story... Not just bitching about the dad...
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2009, 17:33
monoboo
replied in the wrong spot, sorry. :)
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2009, 17:38
SweetAngel88
oh no big deal... Just wondering...
Cause I thought everyone was harsh... By saying this isnt an accident... but i think i gave a good scenario of it becoming an accident...
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2009, 17:41
Acid Fairy
Ahh that's the person I was thinking of!
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2009, 17:40
Acid Fairy
That's cool. Who was the singer whose kid fell out of a window and died? Can happen to anyone.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2009, 19:29
~*Shannon*~
Eric Clapton
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2009, 05:12
& skull.
stupid people do breed. i have in laws that are living proof. if my boyfriend's sister ever breeds i'll worry for her kids. anyway, i don't think it's necessary for parents here to get all in a strop because we make remarks on accidents like this. obviously most bloop parents aren't stupid and do everything they should be to protect and care for their kids. shit obviously does happen though, and it only does take that one second of looking away.

but here, going off this article, i think hurling some abuse at this dad is fair enough. all we know is that the kid fell out of the window. was their a screen or guard? seemingly no. what exactly was the dad doing with the other kid? the toddler had enough time to throw things out the window before falling. it just seems to be that any sensible person would've taken the toddler into the infants room with them. like i bet any bloop parent here would if they lived on a third storey and had the windows open. without exact details we can't be sure whether this dad is devoid of sense, or really just did make a few second misjudgement.

in my opinion going by what little the article mentions, i think it's fair to claim this guy is an idiot. that does not mean i'm calling all parents everywhere idiots. so i think people who have kids here might want calm themselves and realise that just because people are insulting this person, doesn't mean it's a direct insult to them. brain farts are one thing, lacking a brain in the first place is another.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2009, 06:42
SweetAngel88
I have five kids... And honestly... Having a window open, and maybe running for a screaming baby... You dont always think... No I dont think any person or parent in this world is perfect... everyone makes mistakes... yes this is a life threatening mistake, and we dont know all the facts... But why be soo harsh against the dad... Because we all think we are perfect no... But like I said, we all make mistakes... My brother fell out of a first story bay window with the screen in... When he was little... Shit happens... Sorry... I just dont understand how people are so harsh... espiecally without knowing all the facts... Yeah maybe he is a stupid dad... But all parents have stupid days and moments... And maybe this was one of his... accidents happen... we dont know... Not our story... Just we all have opinions, and are all entitled to them, and to state them... I just stated again on how i feel about the situation...
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2009, 07:20
& skull.
lol, why do you use so many ellipses?

i did say shit happens. i also did say no one knows the facts. i think it's fair enough to say this guy is an idiot given the information i have. if the article had been more clear as to what the dad was doing exactly, then maybe i'd have some sympathy. or maybe i'd have less. i can't know. but i know enough to have decided this guy is an idiot. that may seem harsh, but that's my opinion.

not all parents just have stupid moments or days, some parents are just flat out shit at being parents. if i was a parent i wouldn't be lumping all the shitty ones in with "oh we just have bad days sometimes". as i already said, there's a difference between having a simple stupid moment, and just plain not having a fucking idea.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2009, 21:07
monoboo
"i also did say no one knows the facts. i think it's fair enough to say this guy is an idiot given the information i have."

yes, let's not have all the facts and condemn this guy! damn , i would hate for you to be a part of my jury.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 05:06
& skull.
if your stupidity killed your child i'd have no problem telling you you're a shit person. going by the facts i do know, i have given my opinion. if more facts are revealed, i'll change my stance. or i might be further proven he's an idiot.

you're probably the kind of person that would acquit this guy. don't think i'd want you on any murder trial period.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 05:22
Bec💕
agreeeeed
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 03:10
SweetAngel88
LOL... I am soo sorry...!!! I am 5 1/2 months pregnant... Kinda go on all out rants... Ask my husband... He called me a name today, mean but worse... LOL... We dont have all the facts... And yea he is an idiot... I will agree...
And there are alot of parents out there that should not have kids...!!! I just like to look and try to see every situation from all points of view... I am also told too much that i am too nice... I give people too many chances... And try to always see the good in everyone...
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 05:04
& skull.
see i am a cynic. i mostly see the bad in people. then again customer service will do that to even the most optimistic person ;D
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2009, 10:57
~*Pagan*~
His 'stupid' day almost cost his child her life.

'nuff said?
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2009, 03:13
SweetAngel88
Yes very true...!!! I dont know, does he feel anything for what happened...??? We dont know... But I know I would be scared out of my mind, if i realized my child was missing and i lived that far up with a window open... Or just period if I couldnt find one of my kids... I have 5 so I know how that is... Maybe he is an idiot maybe not... All have opinions and I am good with that...
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2009, 22:58
*Forever Changing*
May I just say, my daughters were down for their nap last summer and there window was open because we have no AC so i wanted them to get some fresh air. My three year old woke up, popped her window out, and climbed out of the first story window onto my porch. Shit happens. I bet that guy never leaves the window open without a guard again.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 02:49
queenbutterfly
I have to say I trust the guy who said he's good at his heights.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 21:31
myke with a "y"
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/LCKH][img]http://dragcave.net/image/LCKH.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/jbrk][img]http://dragcave.net/image/jbrk.gif[/img][/url]

click em please

thats fried, so glad that baby was saved !

0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2009, 22:52
.love.struck.
I know accidents happen, but come on! The first thing I would do is child proof my apartment or home. I would never leave a baby unattended with a open window. It was pure luck and chance that this child was lucky to have 2 men see and catch her. That child is lucky. Obviously something was looking out for her.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends