Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
Microsoft Office // Adobe (for Windows)
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2009, 15:41
annababe • •
Does anyone have Microsoft Office 2007 or newer OR Adobe CS2 or newer that they would be willing to borrow me to install on my computer?
I have Windows Vista.

Some kid in one of my classes my senior year of high school burned me a copy of Adobe CS3. Well, when I put it on my computer, it was NOT that. =/

I have no problem paying shipping both ways.

I really just don't want to pay $100 for Microsoft Office 2007 or $300 for Adobe CS3, just to install it on my computer and never use it again.

Thanks!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2009, 18:38
T.A.I
Unfortunately, there's some legal garbage involved in all that with licenses. I know with Adobe, activating the same software key on different computers makes Adobe very angry. Same with Microsoft.

Whomever you get the stuff from technically is supposed to uninstall the software from their computer, because nowadays with the license and activation keys, too many activated copies locks the program when they check the internet to see if they're "legit" copies.

I have CS4 and MS Office Enterprise Edition, but I've gotten them through my college (MS Office for free because they host a contract with Microsoft) and CS4 at reduced price. Neither of them I can send out though. :(

Good luck.

If you really need to use the functions of these programs though, I know GIMP is a GREAT Photoshop Alternative, and OpenOffice will open and save files in Microsoft Office format. Both programs are completely free.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2009, 18:55
annababe • •
Oh, thanks. That's lame. =/

I had borrowed Microsoft Office 2003 from cousin awhile back, but apparently they don't have it anymore...

I can live without Photoshop, but I still want it. haha.
I bought a new laptop about six months months ago, and it doesn't have Microsoft Office on it, not even a free trial. I have some stupid Microsoft Works or whatever, and I hate it because it does only about half of the functions Office Word has.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Mar 2009, 19:00
fairytale.princess
Try the smaller version of Photoshop, called Photoshop Elements! The new version, version 7, came out in September last year. I've just ordered it for myself and am upgrading from the original version, which worked perfectly :)
0 likes [|reply]
12 Mar 2009, 19:22
Acid Fairy
Download them for free!
0 likes [|reply]
12 Mar 2009, 13:09
Doc
You can find a copy out there.... check bittorrent sites like demonoid or whatever it is called. It will require a bittorrent client to DL, and will take a few days. But you can probably find a decent copy with a volume license key that MicroShat hasn't black-listed yet. I'd share my VLK copy with you, but then my key would get banned. :( Sorry.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Mar 2009, 19:23
Acid Fairy
Can anyone say Pirate Bay?! Haha.

But if you do that, make sure you DO NOT allow Photoshop to update. If it does, then you have to download it again, because it will revert to a trial version.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends