Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Gaming
Page:  1 
Old DOS Games
0 likes [|reply]
2 Mar 2009, 12:13
Acid Fairy
I have decided to download a few and was wondering what your favourites were?

I managed to find Museum Madness which I loved as a kid, but was pretty difficult for me as a lot of it was about American history hehe. I also loved Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego? and I have just downloaded that.
I remember my dad playing Monkey Island so I might get that.

So yes, let's reminisce about the halycon days of 90s gaming!
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2009, 03:49
Zombie Steve
Bloop Owner
Monkey Island = best games ever.

Try the Indiana Jones games which were designed by the same company, same click and play environment.

Fragile Allegiance. Another DOS game, good luck getting it to run in Windows.

Search 'the underdogs' on Google. There's a site with thousands of good games.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2009, 04:04
Mnemosyne
I had the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade game. ;D I don't remember ever beating it, but it was awesome.
But LucasArts was the company. We had all these awesome LucasArts games (including a few I haven't mentioned like Maniac Mansion and Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders). Has anyone else ever played these??

These were the best type of games. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2009, 10:03
lithium layouts.
Oh gosh, Zork. Definitely. xD It was text-only. Most annoying thing ever. Although I have some very fond memories of it. xD
0 likes [|reply]
2 Mar 2009, 13:38
Doc
Lemmings!!!
0 likes [|reply]
2 Mar 2009, 23:52
international
Oh my. Lemmings. Awesome game. Damn, now I want to play it.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2009, 10:03
lithium layouts.
Hahaha, totally awesome game. I played the Christmas edition. All the Lemmings looked like mini Santas. xD
0 likes [|reply]
2 Mar 2009, 16:33
Mojo Jojo
Eye Of The Beholder. God I haven't played that in years.
And going further back, Zork!
0 likes [|reply]
2 Mar 2009, 22:38
Mnemosyne
Monkey Island is so expensive, though. The original that is. But, amazingly, my brother got me Monkey Island Madness (with the first two games, selling for $75 on Amazon) for $5 from a friend's used-game store. That's luck, right there. Definitely one of my favorites.

Anyone ever play Loom? I loved Loom. Bobbin Threadbare! (There's a part in Monkey Island where Guybrush hits his head after getting firing out of the cannon and one option for a response is "I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother?" ;D ) But, Loom was AWESOME.

And I can't believe no one has mentioned Oregon Trail!! (That WAS DOS right? I played that in grade school...) Or the one where you play a runaway slave. :P

Hmmm... Number Munchers? Something like that. ;D

Carmen Sandiego was awesome. I remember playing that on my brother's computer... it had one of those printers that printed dots to form letters (I forget what that's called) where the paper was printed off in one continuous section and you had to physically separate the paper by tearing it along the serrated lines.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Mar 2009, 22:42
Acid Fairy
I don't pay for them!! *looks around nervously*
0 likes [|reply]
2 Mar 2009, 22:51
Mnemosyne
LOL. Shame!!

Have you seen this website: http://www.cdosabandonware.com/.
I don't know how it works, I just stumbled across it. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
2 Mar 2009, 22:56
Acid Fairy
Yeah I have been using websites like that all day. Instead of paying, you have to sign up to a sister site and then they allow you to download games. (Torrenting DOS games isn't very popular!)
Anyway, then you block the other site's email so you're not constantly bombarded with junk mail, and voilá! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
3 Mar 2009, 13:17
Mojo Jojo
Dot matrix
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2009, 01:52
trying4miracle#1
I remember Oregon Trail that's from forever ago it seems like...oh wow I forgot about Carmen Sandiego
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2009, 02:13
chelseaz
Oregon trail!

Did any of you guys play amazon trail? That game was awesome.

And number munchers? That was huge when I was in elementary school.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2009, 02:27
TheLazyNinja
Number munchers...wow that brings back memories haha
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2009, 16:58
kein mitleid
Oregon trail was way before DOS... Oregon trail was before standard computers had hard drives. I remember running that on an Apple IIe POS directly from the awesomeness of the obsolete 5.25" floppy.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends