Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Books
What is the BEST book you have read in 2011?
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jan 2012, 01:53
love♥nik
@Kerri Have you read "The Yellow Wallpaper"? It's not a book really, just a short story but all the connotations that come w/ that short story is something I love. XD
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jan 2012, 02:44
K♥Blah
@love♥nik - I have! It was rather odd but in some weird way I really liked it. I can't remember which of my Lit classes I had to read it for, I think it was American Classics...no - that doesn't feel right - it was for one of my subjects anyway. I think when I read it I was becoming more aware that my taste in stories and novels was changing - so I liked that the story was a bit creepy.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jan 2012, 02:57
love♥nik
@Kerri That would make sense, we read it usually in like American Lit to 1900 or something like that. :) I ♥ how it seems like a ghost story on the surface but there's so many other levels to it with feminism and how gender politics come into play along with whether or not the woman was just batshit insane. XD
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jan 2012, 01:55
love♥nik
Ugh. I've barely read this year b/c I simply do not have the time to do it! :( I'm always getting interrupted. I'm an extremely fast reader but minus time and money to get new books... Ugh.

One very pleasurable read that I finally got around to was The Gargoyle. I've had it for years (b/c I bought it since it sounded interesting but it also had gorgeous cover art. And yes, I sometimes judge a book by it's cover ;)) and just never got around to it and when I finally finished it it was amazing. :D Definitely one to check out, especially as this was the author's first book to be published. :)
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jan 2012, 02:47
K♥Blah
Oh and I should mention that at the moment I'm reading Sir Thomas Malory - Le Morte Darthur - The Winchester Manuscript.

(Long title short - the Stories of King Arthur, Excalibur, Holy Grail, Queen Guenivere and Lancelot)

I'm trying to get ahead in reading. My class doesn't start until March but this book is freaking hard to read. I hate Shakespeare because I never got my head around the "Thee, Thy, Ye" stuff and this book is - probably not as bad as Shakespeare - but the language is still tricky to grasp.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends