Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Dead Sea Scrolls Available Online!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Sep 2011, 03:17
Jessica
I don't know if anyone else has heard about this, but the Dead Sea Scrolls have been scanned and can be viewed online... but I for one am beyond excited about being able to see them! I figured I'd post a link to them in case anyone else would like to see! They also have translations for the scrolls if you click on the passages. (For those who don't know, the text is written from right to left - in case anyone gets confused ;))

The Israel Museum Online - if you'd like to take a look!

For those who don't know (or want to know more!) what the Dead Sea Scrolls are, here is the Wiki page for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Sea_Scrolls

I'd love to hear what you all think about the Scrolls... they've always been very interesting to me.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Sep 2011, 19:40
~Aiure
While the context of the writing doesn't particularly interest me, the script itself does. Language is fascinating. And the fact that such artifacts are now available to the world is amazing.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2011, 01:07
KerriBlue
I agree...I mean I probably should care a little bit more about the context itself - but the actual existence of the scrolls is more fascinating to me. The fact that they survived for so long is amazing and interesting. I love reading and learning about old writings/art/music etc.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Oct 2011, 03:58
Jessica
@KerriBlue: I'm more interesting in the fact that they survived as well. It's always extremely interesting to me to see things from that long ago :)
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends