Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Political Debate
Page:  1 
Audience boos gay soldier
0 likes [|reply]
23 Sep 2011, 15:51
Emily the Strange
I was nearly sick when I heard about this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/22/republican-debate-dadt-repeal-rick-santorum_n_977105.html

I don't know how to link on the forums, but thankfully copy/paste isn't difficult.

And why did none of the politicians defend the soldier!? Disgusting.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Sep 2011, 18:35
starsmaycollide
The Republican debates thus far have already had several weird and offensive moments with audience reactions, so I don't suppose anyone should be surprised at this one.

I think they didn't say anything in response for the exact same reason Palin didn't say anything when people were offensive during her speeches in the 08 campaign-because there wasn't anything in it for them to do so.
These debates are all about the "base", so they don't want to talk about DADT or gay issues at all.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Sep 2011, 04:41
Conservative Values
he deserves to be bood.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Sep 2011, 04:41
Conservative Values
he deserves to be bood.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Sep 2011, 05:44
True
"sex is not an issue. It should not be an issue. Leave it alone. Keep it to yourself whether you are heterosexual or homosexual." :)
0 likes [|reply]
23 Sep 2011, 19:16
American
I think it's more about the fact that the soldier wasn't actually. They would've been thanking the wall. Still, would have been more professional to thank the wall than not at all, I suppose. Also, if you watched the debate, it was only 1-2 ppl that booed & has been spoken against by plenty of GOP conservatives.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Sep 2011, 19:38
.love.struck.
I hate people who are homophobic. So what if they don't agree, deal! People actlike they are so high and mighty. I'm sure most of these people are Christian too which explains the way they're acting. I thought you shouldn't judge others. How would they feel if a crowd booed them because of their faith? I'm sure they would get offended.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Sep 2011, 01:58
Love, Rebekah
I hate how some have ruined it for all. Not all Christians act like that. I am a Christian and some of my best friends are gay.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends