Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Woman mauls elderly man in vampire attack
0 likes [|reply]
12 Sep 2011, 21:30
Estella
Good heavens - in America, there are people who apparently genuinely believe they are vampires and act on it:

In a brutal incident reminiscent of one in Houston three weeks ago, a wheelchair-bound Florida man taking shelter from a storm had part of his face eaten off at an abandoned Hooters restaurant by a young woman claiming to be a vampire. Someone once told me that Pensacola is one of the worst places on Earth, and I’m starting to understand why. Via ABC Action News:

A St. Petersburg man who had dozed off in his motorized wheelchair woke up to find himself being attacked by a woman, according to police. Morton Ellis, 69, said he fell asleep after parking his wheelchair on the porch of a vacant Hooters to escape the rain.

He said the woman, 22-year-old Josephine Rebecca Smith, told him she was a vampire as she bit off chunks of his face and part of his lip.

Ellis managed to fend her off and called police. Officers found Smith at the restaurant, half naked and covered in blood. Ellis required a number of stitches.

Smith, who is from Pensacola, told police she had no idea what happened.

http://www.disinfo.com/2011/09/woman-mauls-elderly-man-in-another-gulf-coast-vampire-attack/
0 likes [|reply]
12 Sep 2011, 22:54
♥Mars.Foxx
don't vampires just drink blood? lol my goodness aside from the poor man who was hurt this is just kinda sad and funny. im hoping she was on drugs =/
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2011, 07:40
Estella
@♥DELB Yeah, I was thinking it sounded more Hannibal-like than vampire-like! I suppose 'I'm a cannibal' isn't quite as exotic as 'I'm a vampire'!
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2011, 07:42
Estella
(Oops - where did the D in DELB go??)
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2011, 08:49
K♥Blah
There's been a few attacks, I think I remember hearing about one in Australia not long ago, that the media outlets tend to label as "vampire attacks". I think it's simply because of the increasing use of Vampires in pop-culture. The more vampires are used in movies, books etc. The more appealing it is to label things as a vampire attack. For one thing it draws attention and then it gives the "family groups" more reason to complain about how vampire movies are bad for society haha.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2011, 02:55
Shar
lol whoa wonder what she was on
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2011, 03:31
love♥nik
LOL WHAT?!!!? I'm an hour away from Pensacola and I've NEVER heard anyone say that it's the worse place on Earth to be. XD

Granted this situation is horrible.. and fucking weird but... I feel strangely defensive for Pensacola. XD I don't live there... but goodness. This could happen anywhere!! XD

And I love how the link says "another Gulf Coast vampire attack." I rly wanna know about the other Gulf Coast vampire attacks! .... I know it's horrible but... it is somewhat amusing. Someone's been watching too much True Blood. XD
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2011, 07:38
Estella
@love♥nik Oh - if you click on the link at the bottom, the actual article has a link to the other vampire attack. It was in Houston.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2011, 04:28
Beautiful Lies
Pensacola is not the worst place on Earth. Not as awesome as my beautiful Orlando, but ya know :).

Anyway, Shit like this can happen anywhere, just so happens this crazy ass crackhead bitch was from Pensacola. I wonder if she sparkles?
0 likes [|reply]
13 Sep 2011, 17:47
Emily the Strange
Goths gone wild!
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2011, 02:57
~RedFraggle~
Surely this woman was psychotic or on drugs.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Sep 2011, 17:40
canceroustears
Sounds like a Twilight fan.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Sep 2011, 06:38
Betch.
ROFL WHAT!!! Amazing, this is my new favorite website. Fuck the Onion, oh my god. Lmfao i can't stop laughing, just the image. ahhh hahahahaha
0 likes [|reply]
17 Sep 2011, 08:12
Estella
Yeah, disinformation is great - it finds the most obscure and bizarre news stories! You can like it on FB, and then get all the stories on your feed.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Sep 2011, 08:06
Tiger.10.Baby
What a f^*ing nut case. Had to be drugs. That poor man. He should carry Around mase or some kind of weapon with him for now on.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends