Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Jackass Star Dies in Car Wreck
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jun 2011, 20:53
SoA
Ryan Dunn died at 3am after a car crash.

Ryan Dunn, the American daredevil who was killed in a car-crash this morning (20th June 2011) has been described as a "happy kick-ass dude" by his Jackass co-star Jason Acuna, aka, 'Weeman'. Dunn was killed after his Porsche 911 burst into flames following a crash in Pennsylvania, reports Fox 29 News.

The 34-year-old's 'Jackass' cast-mates Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera and Steve-O are yet to comment on the tragic accident, but Acuna took to his Twitter page this afternoon to pay tribute to his close friend, saying, "Ryan Dunn- a super awesome memory was at the J Rody walston & the business show!!! I Miss You Bud!! You were always a happy kick-ass dude!!" Dunn, who starred in all five Jackass movies, died in the automobile crash at around 2.38am. Just hours before the incident he had posted an image of himself drinking with two friends on Twitter. It is not clear whether either of the two individuals were in the car at the time of the crash, but reports suggest there was at least one other fatality.

During the filming of 'Jackass: The Movie', Ryan Dunn was driving a driving a golf cart down a hill with the show's star Johnny Knoxville as his passenger. Dunn crashed the vehicle and was thrown into the air, while Knoxville landed awkwardly on his neck and was knocked unconscious for a short while.
LINK

MTV Link
Washington Post Link
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jun 2011, 01:23
canceroustears
I was really sad to hear about this!
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jun 2011, 06:44
The Lazy Ninja!
He was my favorite of all of them! :(
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2011, 17:31
SoA
He was my fav to, followed by Johnny, & Steve-O
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jun 2011, 01:24
♥ Steph
So sad. I started watching Jackass when I was younger and still hasn't really sunk in. It's unbelieveable how rude/heartless people are being about it just because of of what he did in the Jackass movies....It's even worse when someone so young dies...
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jun 2011, 02:05
grandlinegirl
I was super sad to hear this, and I've never actually been upset by a celebrity death before. I actually really liked him. My ex and I always did; we've watched everything he's ever been in, even his amateur stuff. It's sad that he died so horribly and so young. RIP Ryan Dunn!
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jun 2011, 02:31
Betch.
I remember Jackass airing on MTV and thinking, "A bunch of ugly dudes banking in on shit i used to do when i was eight, and considered myself too old for when i was ten. This show sucks ass." And to this day, i pretty much hate them all, but out of all of them, Ryan Dunn seemed the least.....douchey. So i am sad that he died, that in itself stinks. But i'm trusting that all of the "RIP DUNN!!!" will end pretty quickly, as i am 100% doubtless that Bam Margera WILL figure out a way to work his douchey magic, and somehow make this about HIMSELF, or skateboards, or finger-rings, or heartograms or some other bullshit that stopped being relevant in 2002. Mark my words, Bam WILL find a way to cash in on it, and Johnny Knoxville will be right behind him cackling like a moron all the way to the bank.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jun 2011, 04:28
Beautiful Lies
@Betch. So when you were about 8 you used golfcarts as bumper cars, rolled around in poo and shoved toy cars up your ass to get xrayed?
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jun 2011, 04:48
love♥nik
@Beautiful Lies lol.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jun 2011, 10:22
& skull.
i think that's kinda harsh. he was bam's best friend and the boys all loved each other in their own way. yes bam is a douche, but i don't think they're going to cash in on their friend's death just because you don't personally like them.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jun 2011, 02:38
HorrorVixen XO
RIP RYAN DUNN

I'm so sadden by his death. I can't believe it. I, like many of u, watched Jackass a lot! Its ironic how they did all these crazy stunts and a car crash killed him. I hope he's at peace.. I still in shock. Jackass will never be the same.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jun 2011, 03:20
canceroustears
@ fearless♥love
I agree!
I thought maybe he passed away doing a stunt, and then was surprised when they said it was a car accident.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jun 2011, 10:25
& skull.
i was watching jackass 3 on dvd just last night. i can't believe he's gone. what a waste. such a stupid and avoidable death. knoxville and steve-o have both commented via their twitters. i feel so bad for dunn's family and the jackass boys. i loved them. yeah they did stupid, disgusting, horrible shit. but it was entertainment. those boys were my happy place when i felt the most shit. i honestly thought steve-o would be the first to die, but he pulled a 180 and got clean. rest in peace ryan.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jun 2011, 23:39
Jessica
@Skull: There's a video on TMZ with Bam's parents talking about it. :( I love his mom.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2011, 09:00
& skull.
i know. they considered him their extra son. he even rang april on mother's day every year :(
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2011, 03:39
Betch.
@beautiful lies, no, i'm not talking about their movies. The only real difference between the jackass guys, and the kids in my neighborhood, is that the budget for jackass was considerably larger. While they had the kind of money that allowed for destroying a minigolf course, a golf cart, hotel rooms, etc etc etc, we had the kind of budget that allowed for loosening the bolts of the handlebars on little johnny son-of-a-bitch's mountain bike before he went downhill. And really i dont find what i said harsh at all, i'm not spitting on the memory of Ryan Dunn in any sense. I dont personally like any of them, himself included, but it's very unfortunate that he had to die so young. I have no sympathy, whatsoever, but that doesn't change the fact that it was very unfortunate. I wouldn't say any of the things i said about the jackass idiots had i not met almost all of them before. I've met bam twice, and he's the biggest piece of shit you ever met. He's scum, truly, truly, scum, and he's not above cashing on this. I give it a month, before he's cashing checks with Dunn's name all over them.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2011, 09:45
& skull.
how did you meet them?
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2011, 17:35
SoA
I got into the movies because of my ex fiance. We were together when the second movie came out, so I took him to go see it. Since then I started watching the little half hour shows & the movies when they were on. Ryan, Steve-O, & Johnny made me laugh the hardest. Bam is funny too, but the other guys made me laugh more. I feel so bad for those boys because for them it must be like losing a brother.

Also, can we try to keep this non drama filled. I understand that some aren't going to give a flying rats fart is space about him, but lets try to be respect of the fact that this man died & left behind a family & friends that cared about him & be respectful of the other posters that are saddened by his death.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2011, 17:53
Betch.
I met them through various friends and aquaintences. I lived in PA for a little while, and Bam was essentially the plague of west chester. But i actually met him in NY first, that time was fairly brief, but i got to talk to him long enough to realize what an ass he was. Met him again one night trolling bars, being a destructive asshole. Him and I did not get along off the bat. At all. He took to stomping on flowers in pots outside restaurants, so i shoved him and said something like "You realize that THIS is the reason there are gonna be cops on every corner around here after tonight? Stop being such a dickhead" and BOY OH BOY did that tie his weiner in a knot. So then he locked in on my friend, who is quite pretty, and tried to get her to sleep with him (this is after he's married.) and once she gave him a final "NO." he got EVEN MORE offended and called us all cunts and worthless and all manner of gentlemanly things. So finally my friends conceeded to my pleas of "Please let me stab him in the brain with his own fuckin nose bone and lets GO HOME." which unfortunately i never got to do the former. But the entire night long, him, and that other idiot that's on there sometimes the one with the fucked up teeth? and then the other one with the fucked up teeth and the giant mane of disgusting hair? They all seriously think they are hot shit and above the law, like being on Jackass has granted them diplomatic immunity. And i actually finally broke down and read about Ryan Dunn, he was driving drunk? Wayyyy to go.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Jun 2011, 17:57
SoA
That's what has people sad. It's a pointless & stupid & proventable death.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends