Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
The girl named "Like"
0 likes [|reply]
19 May 2011, 01:29
kein mitleid
There are no shortages of idiots in the world. No country has the market cornered on idiots, every country is equal in that department.

Is it only me that sees this: Suppose the little girl comes to America from Israel. What are they going to tease her as in school? Well of course, "Like the kike."

Congratulations on being a Jew and naming your child to rhyme with the primary epithet against your race. The letters are even next to eachother on the keyboard. Typo, anyone?
0 likes [|reply]
19 May 2011, 05:03
R.
My friend named his kid frost, and then there's caige, and I grew up with a girl named radien, off of mortal kombat
0 likes [|reply]
19 May 2011, 07:05
.love.struck.
Like? Why do people give their children ridiculous names? There's a difference between unique and ridiculous.
0 likes [|reply]
19 May 2011, 21:54
Hidden Depths
Lol... Anyone seen the ridiculous things celebrities name their children? Moroccan was one I heard recently--because she liked the interior of the room at a hotel!! It had a "Moroccan" theme to it. Not even Morocco, or Rocko or anything like that, but Moroccan.
0 likes [|reply]
20 May 2011, 00:29
Emily the Strange
I knew a girl whose last name was Baugher (pronounced Bar) and she said her parents almost named her Candy. lol
0 likes [|reply]
20 May 2011, 03:01
.Blue Bella.
There's a little girl going to be in my daughters kindy class called "Kleeshae". Say that one outloud :P
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2011, 18:29
Estella
Haha - poor kid! Was it deliberate, or are the parents just thick?
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2011, 14:11
polywog
I do believe they were high as kites. There's a reason Child Protective Services was there, after all.
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2011, 15:19
Mojo Jojo
"Limited Profile" would be a great name
0 likes [|reply]
22 May 2011, 23:41
polywog
The girl I've been talking to named her son Delorian. I just....I don't know about that one. I went to community college with a gal whose boys were Anakin and Cal-el. Pop culture is going to be fodder for child-naming forever, and it's almost always going to draw funny looks. My father-in-law used to work for CPS, and he heard some GOOD ones! Metallichi Necronomicorn. I kid you not.
0 likes [|reply]
27 May 2011, 13:24
& skull.
i kinda like anakin and leia as names, but i'm sure my parents would slap me if i chose them, and i don't want my kid being ridiculed ;D
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2011, 20:48
Unauthorized
Haha...I've just been reading all the crazy names out there. Kleeshae and Metallichi Necronomicorn are my two favorites..

There aren't many crazy ones here, that I have heard...although, my great great aunt was named Zelda.

0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2011, 06:20
Toffee Sprinkles
One of my old customers was named Pinky. -_-
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2011, 18:11
Bellatrix Lestrange
In Bend It Like Beckham, the girl's older sister is called Pinky, methinks! I think it's cute >.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2011, 20:25
I know a kid I used to go to high school with. His name was Brightan. Which isn't so bad... except his last name was Early. Say them together. Yes his parents did that on purpose.
0 likes [|reply]
26 May 2011, 00:08
♥ Aime
My little sister's name is Bambi - try living with that all of your life. My very favorite name is Zepharine. Wanted to name my first son Crispin, but the hubby vetoed that before I had the last syllable out of my mouth.
0 likes [|reply]
26 May 2011, 02:21
Unauthorized
Zepharine made me remember..my cousin was going to name her daughter Zephyr, but her husband didn't like it so it didn't happen. This was several years ago and I didn't think of it until I saw your post..

Crispin? Sounds like cereal ;)
0 likes [|reply]
27 May 2011, 04:36
PakistaniDiva06
Well at least it's not one you can't even sound out. I was working in pediatrics one day and we had a patient that none of us could figure out how to say her name. Not even the nurse that brought her in and she heard the parents pronounce it. When she woke up from surgery and was screaming (she was only like 2 or 3) we kept saying "It's okay Honey/Sweetie" :P.

I also use to go to school with a guy named Carol Harrol which I think is worse than Like. lol.
0 likes [|reply]
28 May 2011, 01:48
jmarie
I knew someone named Cyreal (pronounced like cereal) last name Rice. ha so when you said his name backwards it was Rice, Cyreal. I also knew someone named ABCD, Literally! (pronounced Ab-see-dee) Hey, it was easy to spell. And then there are celebrity children's names like Blanket, Prince Michael, Apple.. Oh the list of Strange/ Unique names goes on.
0 likes [|reply]
28 May 2011, 23:43
Kayra+2♥
my sons second middle name is Morpheus. I let his daddy think its from the matrix LOL ... its actually from the greek god of dreams :P
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2011, 18:29
HorrorVixen XO
@jmarie: smh! crazyyyy
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends