Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Announcements
Osama Bin Laden is dead.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 04:58
Conservative Values
face it sheeple. he has been dead since W. Bush was in office. obongo is just taking credit.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 05:37
love♥nik

Oh good god.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 05:23
kein mitleid
Is it wrong to want to go out into the streets, fire a Kalashnikov into the air, and chant "Allahu akbar" on live television, maybe while burning an effigy of Bin Laden, just for the shock value it might give those watching al-Jazeera?
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 06:19
.love.struck.
Good riddens. Sadly though, terrorism won't stop.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 09:03
& skull.
someone at my work joked the us was stealing the royal's thunder.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 13:37
lithium layouts.
It might be because Australia was somewhat removed from the attacks of 9/11, or I might be misguided, but I can't help but find it weird that people are celebrating a man's death. I get it, he was associated with, if not the leader of, horrible attacks of terrorism. And I get that if someone were to kill a member of my family, I would lust after their blood. But I would also feel that it'd be a hollow victory if that person were to meet death. Because their death wouldn't bring back the one that I love. It'd just perpetuate the cycle. Instead of scaring them away, it'll renew their hatred. And I think celebrating Bin Laden's death with such rigour isn't so dissimilar to the way in which they celebrated when 9/11 happened.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 14:14
starsmaycollide
Muslims who celebrated 9/11 were celebrating the death of innocent people, who were civilians. Bin Laden's death is viewed as a victory that is a result of military action. Maybe it seems morbid, maybe it is, but I think that makes it different. 9/11 families aren't going to feel closure necessarily, but this is the closest thing to a real tangible victory after 10 years in Afghanistan, given what a mess that has become.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 14:35
Emily the Strange
@Lithium Layouts- I think the celebration is in hopes this won't happen again. I mean, we know he won't be their last leader, but if any more lives are saved from it, I reckon it's worth a little cheer. I agree it's a bit morbid, but 9/11 took a lot from my family. Not just from the initial attack, but the war as well. So no, he didn't face a jury of his peers, but he personally can't harm anyone again.
0 likes [|reply]
ღPhoenix
am i the only skeptic?
0 likes [|reply]
Lady Lazarus
I very much would love to believe it, but I'm sceptical.
There are several good reasons it seems that would make it 'appropriate' for Bin Laden to die now.
Also seems quite shady that he was killed and buried at sea... unlike Sadam who was made to face a trial and then sentenced to death.
There are always more possibilities than the one presented to us as the truth.
I'm not doubting that he's dead, I'm just doubting that he died last night, or that he was even captured last night...
Like I say, hope I'm proven wrong.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 15:59
Giggle
The death of Osama Bin Laden isn't something to be celebrated. It's something to be feared. Bin Laden was merely a symbol of Al Qaeda. Yes he was called "the leader" but that hardly means anything. He was just the face the media got to see of this big secret organization. I doubt that killing him has weakened Al Qaeda in any way or made America safer for any American. The way this whole thing was publicized and the reaction of people to the news is only adding fuel to the fire. I'm sure we're now gonna witness some sort of retaliation from Al Qaeda that will probably end in more tragic results.

That being said I completely agree with ennui. I'm definitely skeptical of what we're being presented with as the truth. All we can do now is hope and pray that no more innocent lives are lost in whatever it is that might happen afterwards.
0 likes [|reply]
3 May 2011, 09:14
SugarNSpice Surveys
@Giggle -
I definitely agree with your first paragraph - his death doesn't make anyone any safer so I think the celebrations are a bit TOO much and TOO soon. I also think that the retaliation will be horrific and tragic and that people shouldn't count their chickens. As much as I'd love to be ecstatic that he is dead, I can't help but feel a sense of dread and doom. I mean there are still plenty of people that will love to take over from Bin Laden in any case and his death will just piss them off even more. =/
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 16:34
HorrorVixen XO
@giggle: i agree.. something is bound to happen now.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 17:04
Liberal Lady
I won't be afraid. I will live my life as I have done every day. I will say what I want, live to make myself happy, and if there's a group out there that's bound and determined to stop me using my freedom, they will realize that Americans are fiesty S.O.B's, and we don't go down without a fight!
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 20:04
[accepting.change]
Im still having a very hard time believing this. But that's just like I have my own personal opinions about 9/11. If this is true and Bin Laden is really dead, shit will hit the fan. This is not the end of terrorism forever. It will never end. There will always be terrorism and sadly, those who believe and follow him, will do something stupid. Either way, I dont understand those who are celebrating his death. I really ain't saying if I believe it or not .. because I'm one of those people who wants a lot of proof when it comes down to something like this. We have no problem plastering photos of our dead troops and photos of other enemies we have killed all over the freaking television .. but we can't post pictures of his dead body? And the few that I have seen already, do not look exactly like him. I dunno. Just my opinions, after all.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 20:13
foreverglow
@accepting.change "We have no problem plastering photos of our dead troops and photos of other enemies we have killed all over the freaking television .. but we can't post pictures of his dead body? And the few that I have seen already, do not look exactly like him. I dunno. Just my opinions, after all."

That last sentence is EXACTLY why they probably havent posted pictures of his dead body because people say it is really not him or an old picture or something. It would be pointless.
0 likes [|reply]
2 May 2011, 20:15
[accepting.change]
I see what you're saying and maybe Im not giving this enough credit but I dunno. Its hard to believe after all these years and the way it happened. I dunno. Thats just me though, like I said. It wouldn't be pointless. Its time to stop the talking and show the proof. I know Im not the only one who feels this way.
0 likes [|reply]
3 May 2011, 10:12
Acid Fairy
@Accepting change: you might want to see a dead body but plenty of us enjoy watching the news without being disgusted by a corpse ;)
0 likes [|reply]
3 May 2011, 09:18
SugarNSpice Surveys
And apparently, they disposed of him at sea instead of having a land burial. This could give credence to the people that believe he has been dead for years and I must say it sounds kind of sus. They say it was so that "his corpse could never be found." So we'll never really have proof that he is dead or when he died, anyway.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/osama-bin-laden-given-a-sea-burial-by-us-forces/story-fn8ljzlv-1226049035921
0 likes [|reply]
3 May 2011, 10:11
Acid Fairy
So people demand to see Obama's birth certificate yet no one questions this?!

Lol in all seriousness to the people who are questioning it; there was someone living in that area tweeting about what was going on. This person, I believe, didn't have that many followers so it wasn't a huge orchestrated Twitter thing. I truly believe he did die when they say he did, but people are always going to be sceptical!

It's great but I agree with Giggle. Al Qaeda is less large orchestrated attacks, more one person one bomb sort of attacks now. This makes us all that much more vulnerable. Until we manage to un-brainwash a huge chunk of people, we will never be safe.

And if that 72 virgins thing is true, I hope they are all ugly, frigid bitches ;D
0 likes [|reply]
3 May 2011, 10:24
Transit
@Acidfairy, sex isn't allowed, so doesn't matter really!
0 likes [|reply]
3 May 2011, 11:04
Acid Fairy
So why did they want the 72 virgins? To make them sandwiches?! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
3 May 2011, 14:46
Emily the Strange
@acid fairy: the 72 virgins actually assist in random Star Trek references, and fixing his computer ^_^
0 likes [|reply]
3 May 2011, 22:57
xoxo♥
LMAO!
0 likes [|reply]
3 May 2011, 15:36
Giggle
@Acid Fairy: I don't believe Bin Laden died for a good cause to deserve going to heaven. Killing thousands of innocent people is against the teachings of Islam in every way!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends