Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Gaming
Page:  1 
NERD ALERT: Do You Have A "Secondlife"? ♥
0 likes [|reply]
28 Feb 2011, 18:38
True
I am just curious to know how many (if any) of you play Secondlife? How often do you play? What are your favorite sims? Do you have a favorite outfit/ avatar? How did you get into playing SL? Do you have a picture of your SL avatar to share here?
0 likes [|reply]
28 Feb 2011, 23:14
BOTTOM
no, it isn't needy, its just incredibly sad
0 likes [|reply]
28 Feb 2011, 23:15
BOTTOM
er nerdy
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2011, 00:54
Bellatrix Lestrange
I'm going to sound dumb for asking this:

What the heck is Secondlife?
Is it an online game? o_O
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2011, 00:05
Jessica [Private]
Hahaha. This was mentioned in a textbook for my Sociology class. We spent the entire period talking about how sad it was that people devote their lives to that ;D
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2011, 05:27
kein mitleid
I fail to see the difference between this and the Sims. My big deal with video games is, I want to do things in them that I can't or won't do in real life... you know, race Ferraris through rush hour traffic, fight frantic battles in Afghanistan, shock old lady to death with shock paddles, revive her with the same paddles, and then do it again... you know, ridiculous, over-the-top things. I don't want to play a game about real life when I could simply do those things in real life.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Mar 2011, 08:20
K♥Blah
"when I could simply do those things in real life".....err...you should probably stick to video games, other wise we'll be on the forums discussing how you shocked some old lady to death. I know what you're saying though. I just found your paragraph funny.

I don't see the point to playing these game, I know this forum is asking if anyone plays the games, so maybe I am going off topic a little bit. I just don't understand why people can't just live their lives in the here and now. Why sit behind a computer having a virtual life when you're perfectly capable of stepping outside the door and living an actual life. I mean yes - these games allow you to act out situations you wouldn't normally involve yourself in real life (Adultery, murder, etc) but why trade in experiencing a real life, enjoying real feelings, real emotions, making real memories, to sit behind a computer living vicariously through coloured dots on a screen?
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends