Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
teen dies after first kiss
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2011, 06:30
& skull.
8-year-old Jemma Benjamin died minutes after her boyfriend, 21-year-old Daniel Ross, kissed her for the first time, an inquest in Britain has heard.

Ross kissed Benjamin at his student flat after a night out together. A few minutes later, she collapsed onto the couch and died in front of him.

Ross, who rang 999 and was given CPR instructions on the phone, tried to save her before paramedics arrived on the scene, but nothing could have been done for her, the inquest was told.

The inquest also heard that Benjamin, who was a fit long-distance swimmer and hockey player, died from the rare cardiac condition SADS - Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome.

According to what Ross told the police, the pair had been friends for three months, but that was the first time they had kissed.

“We were going to go to a bar for some food and went back to my house for a credit card which I had forgotten,” Ross said.

“We were talking and ended up kissing in the hallway by the front door. We went into the kitchen and then the living room and Jemma sat down on the sofa.”

The student explained that Benjamin’s eyelids “began to droop” and her mouth started to froth before she collapsed.

A post-mortem examination couldn’t find any medical reason for her death in April 2009. The hearing was told that she had no history of cardiac problems.

Her mother said Jemma was 'a picture of health one minute and taken away from me the next'.

article

it's like rogue in real life, but much much sadder. the poor girl. and the bloke must've been traumatised.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2011, 06:38
Chris
WHAT THE FUCK, SHE WAS 8?
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2011, 06:41
Jessica [Private]
I read this wondering why no one was flipping shit about him kissing an 8 year old. But she's 18.

That's really unfortunate that this happened to her. :(
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2011, 06:52
& skull.
no 18. i missed the one when copying it apparently lol.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2011, 07:39
love♥nik
Bwahahaha your reaction made me lol irl. XD but it wouldve been mine if I had hadnt seen posts after yours. XD
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2011, 18:11
HorrorVixen XO
that's really sad..
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2011, 20:12
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
The first thing I picked up on was 8 years old, too lol I was like please mean 18!! This is very sad :(
0 likes [|reply]
12 Feb 2011, 02:38
& skull.
lol, it is 18. copy paste fail.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Feb 2011, 20:55
Opie's Old Lady
That's so sad. I feel horrible for the boy and for her family.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Feb 2011, 01:18
♥ Steph
Wow, that's totally scary. When I read the title I totally thought of Rogue lol and than I saw 8 years old and I was all like wth?! But yeah, very sad. weird they haven't found a reason for it...
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2011, 00:57
Pinochle
wow, that's horrible!!
0 likes [|reply]
13 Feb 2011, 12:54
.Blue Bella.
I really feel sorry for the boyfriend... what a scary way for that night to end... it will be with him for a very very long time.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends