Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
11 year old tried as an adult for murder
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jan 2011, 02:32
Music God CJ Plain
@RedFraggle: Oh, I agree 1000% percent. I think 7 years is a good start on his punishment. If after that 7 years, he's showing SOME signs of remorse or of having taken responsibility, then you can discuss what to do down the road. If after that time, there is no improvement and he's still showing the tendencies of a sociopath/psychopath, then close the book and move him to the appropriate spot and throw away the key.

I'm NOT diminishing his paying for his crime one bit. I'll be the first one to say dig a hole and drop them in usually. But at 11 years old, I'd like the think there is still some slim chance he can be saved still. I realize that it fails more than it succeeds, but it's not like he's a hardened criminal with an extensive violent past. YET...
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 19:02
HorrorVixen XO
Nellie: I love CJ!! He gets to the point in just a few words! I'm like you, I'll write a huge paragraph :)
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 19:38
{ ¥ N3LLi3 ¥ }
Lol I know right. I wrote a whole paragraph and compared to one little sentence, they said more than I did in my first three!!! I'm just extremely long winded.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 21:59
Music God CJ Plain
@Fearless Love: I've always been a very Cut to the Chase kind of guy. LOL It's why I've never written a book. I could sum up an entire story in half a page! lol
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 22:20
HorrorVixen XO
LOL
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jan 2011, 20:41
Blitch. [+1]
I found another article on this. It's 3 pages long, so make sure you read all 3 pages.

ARTICLE
0 likes [|reply]
31 Jan 2011, 18:47
jessi bear(:
He allegedly walked into her room while she was sleeping, shot her in the head with his dad's hunting rifle, then got on the bus and went to school.
The dad believes that he's innocent, but the article that Blitch posted says the boy had made the threat before and the dad wouldn't believe it.
It also says this, "The Houks and police point to overwhelming evidence they say will prove that Jordan is the killer, including gun residue found on his shirt, a fresh shell casting found outside as well as the testimony of Houk's 7-year-old daughter who says she saw Jordan with the gun."

I think the boy HAS to have something severely wrong with him psychologically to shoot a woman in the head and then go to school like nothing ever happened. To show such a blatant disregard for life is not normal. He'll probably do life in prison and it seems like that might be for the best.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Jan 2011, 21:42
[Cannibal_Carrots]
If they don't convict him as an adult, and he does get released at the age of 21, who's to say he won't go back out and shoot someone else? Yes, we don't know the whole story to this because the police aren't going to give away all the details, but if he already threatened to shoot her, then I believe he knew EXACTLY what he was doing, therefore he should be tried as an adult.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Mar 2011, 13:56
MiZZ GOLDFiSH
Anyone ever think maybe he's just a pissed off kid because his dad remarried and is having another kid?
Thats where my mind went first. Isn't that a fairly common feeling for kids when parents get remarried?
0 likes [|reply]
2 Mar 2011, 14:06
& skull.
fairly sure is massively uncommon for a kid to get a gun and shoot the new girlfriend and then go to school like nothing happened.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Mar 2011, 18:02
Emily the Strange
I think we should focus on the good part. The kid -went to school-! That's fabulous in itself.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Mar 2011, 11:10
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
@Mizz Goldfish: yes it is. It is fairly UNcommon for them to take a shotgun and kill their new stepmother and unborn sibling then go to school.

I remember how my brother and I felt when our dad remarried and we both hated our stepmother. She was a witch and she hates children. We used to call her our Step Witch. We didn't find a gun and shoot her or take a knife and stab her. Although I wanted to splash water on her to see if she melted like the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz did.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Mar 2011, 11:07
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
It's very sad that an 11 year old is committing murder, however, I agree that he should be tried as an adult. This kid killed a mother and her unborn child. He was at an age where he should know right from wrong. He wasn't just playing with a gun that he found in his parents bedroom and it accidentally went off. He aimed and fired. The fact that he isn't showing any remorse is unsettling to me. It shows it wasn't done by accident and this kid has a lot of emotional issues. It's not enough to just put him in juvenile detention and hope that will rehabilitate him. This is a serious crime. He didn't get picked up for graffiti-ing (don't know how to actually spell that haha) or shoplifting. Murder is a serious crime. I'm sick of all the "hand slaps" the justice system has been doling out. All it does is create repeat offenders.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends