[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Pet cat ordered to jury duty!
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2011, 11:46
SugarNSpice Surveys
Link to news article

A pet cat has been ordered to report for jury duty, despite being "unable to speak and understand English".

If the matter was not resolved, Sal the cat would have to report to Suffolk Superior Crown Court in Boston, United States, on March 23.

Owner Anna Esposito said she had told authorities that Sal could not speak or understand English. The cat's vet had even written a letter explaining that Sal was a "domestic short-haired neutered feline".

"Sal is a member of the family so I listed him on the last census form under pets, but there has clearly been a mix-up," Mrs Esposito said.

"When they ask him guilty or not guilty? What's he supposed to say - meow?"

Mrs Esposito said Sal was not suitable for jury duty because he could not understand English, one of the 10 statutory disqualifications preventing people from serving.

Her husband, Guy, said the summons for juror service was a surprise.

"I said, 'Sal, what's this?' I was shocked," Mr Esposito said.

"He likes to sit on my knee and watch crime shows with me but even so he's still under-qualified for jury duty if you ask me."
It is understood that Sal was inadvertently included on the juror list when paperwork was misread at the last census.

LMAO. This so made my night.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2011, 11:58
valerieeeee
Hey, Sal was brushing up on some knowledge while watching crime shows. Sounds like he wants to do it. lol I love that they had the vet write a letter!
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2011, 23:09
Jessica [Private]
You list pets on the census?
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 02:32
Lauren.
Not that I was aware of.. lol
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 02:46
Jessica [Private]
Okay, then these people are clearly idiots.
I don't know why I'm surprised someone did this, really.

What I'd like to know, is how many people wrote down PETS as people living in a household on their census. The numbers are probably completely off from these people.
Guess the next census needs to have "DO NOT LIST PETS AS A MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD" on the next one.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 04:51
Beautiful Lies
It says the person listed the cat under "PETS" on the census...maybe the Australians seriously have an option to list pets on the census?
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 05:01
Jessica [Private]
Oh I completely missed the "under pets" part of that sentence ;D
But still, why is that even relevant to the census?
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 05:34
Beautiful Lies
Dude, I don't make the rules! lol.

All I know is that if I start getting mail for "Mordecai" I'm gonna start freakin' out!
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 10:12
.Blue Bella.
No, we don't. And it's an article about an American court...
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 12:12
Beautiful Lies
Whoopsy. I just saw the "au" in the link and got confuzzled. Either way. Weird.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 04:15
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
Okay, I love love my cats but I did not list them on any census. I don't even recall a line asking about pets. Weird how he is being pulled for Jury Duty.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 17:41
HorrorVixen XO
Weird. When I filled out the Census, I didn't see anything about pets.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Jan 2011, 23:10
Chris
There isn't anything about pets on the Cenus. Either this story is a fake, or someone was idiotic enough to list their pets as part of their family.

And believe me, I wouldn't put it past more than a few people to do something retarded like that.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends