Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Books
Page:  1 
The Mortal Instruments
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jan 2011, 03:17
.Amber.
I'm a little excited to bring this to the attention of people who may not know about it yet! If you loved these books - they are coming out with a movie in 2012!! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1538403/

And if you haven't read these books - you need to! (I'd classify it as Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance) They're amazing.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jan 2011, 03:59
Jessica [Private]
I read this on Cassandra Clare's website :)
They casted Clary already. I think she's a good fit!

Have you been reading the prequel? I'm about a quarter of the way into it, it's so awesome :D There's two more of the prequels coming out, and THREE more of the mortal instruments series. I'm so excited about it ;D
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jan 2011, 04:05
Chris
I'm going to be very upset if this has anything to do with a human falling in love with something not human a la Twilight. Fuck, the last thing we need is another misogynist train wreck for teenage girls.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jan 2011, 05:49
Jessica [Private]
Newp. Demon hunters.
There are vampires (weres, warlocks, etc. they call them downworlders), but they're not the main focus of the story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mortal_Instruments_(series)
0 likes [|reply]
12 Jan 2011, 03:47
Lovin'MyLittles
Oh my gosh !!! I gotta tell my brother. We both freakin' loved that series! I loved it even MORE than the Twilight books! =X
0 likes [|reply]
13 Jan 2011, 17:02
.Amber.
Yeah, I've read them all, including the prequel. =]

Yeah, I loved them more than Twilight, too!

And yes, I agree that the girl they cast for Clary is a good fit.

I'm very excited! (And I have the 4th book in the series ready for preorder, lol)
0 likes [|reply]
13 Jan 2011, 17:24
Lovin'MyLittles
I thought there were only 3! What ate the names of the others
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jan 2011, 00:40
Jessica [Private]
There's three in the mortal instruments series.
City of Bones/Ashes/Glass. There are three more in that series coming out within the next few years, making six total City of Fallen Angels is due out April 5th.

The Prequel series is the Infernal Devices Series. The book out right now is Clockwork Angel. Then they'll have Clockwork Prince/Princess. Released in the next few years as well.

Cassandra Clare has a release schedule here.
She's got hard cover and soft cover dates. Obviously the hard covers will be out first :D
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends