Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Suggestion Box
Page:  1 
iphone app
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2010, 07:36
iao
bloop needs an iphone app. i love bloop so much that i need it on the go! just to be able to post an entry and upload photos would be awesome!!!! i get so tired of trying and failing to do it on the browser on my phone.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2010, 09:51
Jessica [Private]
There's a mobile version of bloop. As far as I'm aware it just allows for light browsing/comment reading. But obviously it'll progress further in the future.

http://m.bloopdiary.com/ would be the address.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2010, 14:40
just samma;
there also needs to be a bb app created.
=)
0 likes [|reply]
28 Dec 2010, 19:57
LN
A few things (as an iphone developer):
1) it is effin' expensive to make an iphone app, depending on the complexity. (for my "simple" project alone, it's costing over 10KUSD. This would go down if Steve does all the work himself, of course.... but that's not very fair of us to ask him.

2) yes, there is a mobile version and it's under construction/work right now. This is a good step! However, please know that there are additional costs to converting that into an app:
a) apple dev kit. (100$ yearly)
b) setting up an LLC (I don't know if bloop is it's own LLC or whatever). This cost me 150$.

There is also the question of: "would you guys pay for it?"
-would you pay 10$ for the app?
-would you pay 5$?

Also, steve needs to caluclate how many people have smart phones that would use this app.
(# of bloop users) divide by (# of smart phone bloop users) divide by (# of people that would pay for an app) = profit margin.

the question is: is there enough of us that want this and are willing to pay for it?
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2010, 00:04
love♥nik
What kind of app did you make?
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2010, 02:25
LN
a joke app. pretty simple. thing that makes it stand apart is that you can save the jokes you find/like and put them into a "list". (i.e. "this joke would be great for my PTA meeting next week!" or "these jokes would be great for a first date!" etc.)
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2010, 02:26
LN
It's called iDoStandup (selfless plug) :)
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2010, 03:01
love♥nik
Haha nice! I'll give it a look! :)
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2010, 05:04
♥ jes
Wow, I didn't know Bloop had a mobile site! That helps a lot, haha! I don't mind going on Bloop on my iTouch, but I hate it on my BB because if I zoom in too far, then I have to scroll & it just gets annoying. Thanks for the info!

& honestly, I would pay $10 for an iPhone/Touch app for Bloop.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends