Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Marijuana during pregnancy
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2010, 01:06
~RedFraggle~
@Twixie

I think most women exagerate when they talk about labor. If it were that bad people wouldn't do it over and over again. I intend to have a fully natural labor, just like I have had a fully natural pregnancy.

Firstly, as someone who works on labour ward fairly regularly all I have to say to this is hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Oh dear, you're in for quite a surprise. I have seen women (lots of women) in worse agony than you can possibly comprehend. I look forward to reading your thoughts on this AFTER your delivery.

That's not to say it's not possible to go through labour without pain meds, but it is extremely tough and extremely painful. I've met LOTS of women with opinions like yours and you know what? Most of them end up with epidurals. The ones which do succeed in a natural delivery without pain meds are the ones who have educated themselves and really prepared themselves for what they are facing and have the strength to cope using alternative methods. The ones who THINK labour is exaggerated and will be easy... they quickly request the pain meds when they discover they're wrong.

Secondly, what exactly is an UNnatural pregnancy??
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 23:49
xoxo♥
Everything you said, I like a million x10. :)
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 11:37
& skull.
this is pretty much why i think all humans should be sterilised and have to pass an exam before being allowed to breed.

drugs + pregnancy = bad. you don't need a stupid to prove that. you are a selfish fucking idiot. i hope your poor child isn't born with any complications because no one deserves that, but you deserve to know what it's like to live with having fucked your child up for being a fucking git when you should be looking out for it for the second you find out it's growing inside you.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 11:37
& skull.
*stupid study
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 14:29
ღPhoenix
i agree with Blue Bella 9000000%. Why the hell would you do that to that poor baby :(. This pregnancy isnt about what helps keep you calm, or from throwing up. Its about your baby and letting it grow and develop and be able to have a chance at a happy HEALTHY life. Its not about YOU anymore....its about that baby....seriously.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 15:10
Makayla
I'm not going to jump down your throat like some have. But I will say this, I was doing a lot of illegal stuff before I found out I was pregnant. But ya know what, the moment I found out I was pregnant I dropped it in a split second. Even if it isn't proven to have all these horrible side effects why would you even risk it? I loved my child enough to not want to put her little body at risk to the things I was doing. I mean would you let your infant smoke a joint a day when he/she was born. I don't see what the difference is because everything you put into your body goes into his/hers now. You say smoking pot is the only enjoyable thing you have now. What about the tiny baby being created inside of you? How about doing things that prepare you for that? I promise (take it from someone who knows I've been addicted to much worse stuff than weed) that the high you can get from anything in this world doesn't even belong on the same scales as the high you get from holding that precious child in your arms for the first time. Maybe you should join a support group to help you keep your mind off smoking pot. Find some other mothers who are in a similar situation & you won't feel so alone. I hope the best for you & your child.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 15:56
ღPhoenix
i find it funny when people (like the original poster) come here for "opinions" and then get their panties in a wad when people dont agree with them.

You're getting nausea?.... welcome to pregnancy! ask your doctor what you can do about it....

you shouldnt jump on people like bella or noodlemantra because of your lack of a brain....seriously.

i said it a few comments ago and will say it again, this isnt about YOU anymore. Its about your baby who didnt ask to be here, so the least you could do for that poor thing is put the pot away.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 16:11
Twixie
Yah, well, I didn't ask to be pregnant. I was going to have an abortion but all of a sudden I couldn't go with it. I'm sure you all mothers of the year would have loved it if I had killed my baby!
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 16:45
valerieeeee
You couldn't go through with the abortion, but you're okay with potentially damaging your innocent child for life? Way to be.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 16:48
Twixie
THERE IS NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THAT I AM HARMING MY CHILD! Jesus Fucking Christ, you guys are dense!!
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 17:17
starsmaycollide
Yes , there is. There is already evidence out there smoking ANYTHING isn't good for YOU, therefore, it is also not good for them because you are their only source for nourishment. If you really believe there's no evidence out there, no reason to be concerned, then I don't know why you bothered with posting. People aren't going to tell what you want to hear.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 18:19
valerieeeee
lithium layouts provided scientific evidence.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 19:31
Jessica [Private]
There's been several posts in this thread PROVING that it's bad for your baby. You're an idiot because that's not good enough for you. What, can you not accept the fact that you're harming your unborn baby? You have to go get a DOCTOR'S opinion before you're willing to stop?

You said somewhere that all your friends smoke pot? That doesn't make it okay. Are all of your friends smoking while pregnant? Try running this by them, if a single one of them has a brain they'll flip out on you just as the other moms on this thread have.

If you're unable to properly use birth control, and get pregnant. It's time to grow the fuck up and take care of the child that's inside of you.
Jesus fucking Christ, get a brain.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 19:34
Jessica [Private]
"You have to get a DOCTOR'S opinion before you're willing to stop?"

My bad, you didn't even say stop. You said "Cut back" didn't you?

Well then, congrats you get the idiot of the year award.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2010, 01:26
~RedFraggle~
@Twixie: WRONG. See my other post.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 19:29
ღPhoenix
you couldnt out right kill your baby.... so you picked a more slow and painfull death? AWESOME!

seriously.... i would hope that you have a heart somewhere inside of you.... and i would hope that you are more concerned with your childs well being than for yourself.

you might not have asked or wished or hoped to be pregnant.... but you are. It is your job, your responsibility to take care of that baby, and that starts NOW.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2010, 21:53
.Blue Bella.
Then you shouldn't have had sex.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2010, 00:15
Twixie
Hey BlueBeak! I am married. I didn't know I was supposed to be celibate in order to avoid pregnancies. Accidents happen, stupid. They happened to you too.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2010, 00:16
.Blue Bella.
It's an accident if you didn't want it to happen.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2010, 00:22
Twixie
At least I admit it was an accident. I'm not calling it a precious miracle or some other ridiculous name that you mothers of the year seem to have for your crotchnuggets.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2010, 00:25
.Blue Bella.
Yep, coz that's helping people form the decision that you're a fit mother! Seriously, here's hoping that the bub is taken off you the minute it's born and given to a parent with a) a brain b) common sense c) the ability to love and appreciate it. Because you, are a moron.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2010, 00:27
Twixie
FINE, I'LL HAVE AN ABORTION TOMORROW!

I'M DONE WITH THIS THREAD. DONE.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2010, 00:30
Chris
Twixie: Let me get this straight. You're going to have an abortion because you want to keep smoking marijuana?

Here's a novel idea: HOLD OFF ON THE WEED UNTIL YOUR BABY IS BORN.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2010, 00:31
Twixie
I said I was going to do that, and you people keep attacking me.

I'm not getting an abortion, I'm just staying away from the forums.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Dec 2010, 00:37
True
:) Good girl.. this is no place to ask for an opinion.. unless you want someone to rudely spit it in your face again and again and again. Talking to your doctor was the best choice. Now you know & good for you hun. :)
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends