Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Homework Help
Page:  1 
Cookie Recipe, Anyone?
0 likes [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 00:45
True
I am not sure if I should post this here, however due to the nature of my question I feel that this is the best catagory for it. If you do not agree, I apologise.

I am baking "monster cookies" & "crack pie" (hahaha, that name always makes me giggle just a little), tonight with my boyfriend. This is the recipe I want to use for the monster cookies, only I don't want to make quite so many, & it's typed out in lbs instead of cups... so, considering that I am TERRIBLE with figuring out math (& working with a calculator for that matter), I am hoping that someone here can help me to divide this recipe in 1/2? I have been able to divide most of it, I just don't understand the lbs into cups part. :/

example: How many cups of brown sugar = 2 lbs (or even one lb, seeing how I wish to divide this recipe in 1/2 of course). :D :) :P

If you can help me, by all means! I have an hour to get ready to bake! *lol* :)

1 lb. butter ---- ok, so 1/2 a lb of butter is equal to how many sticks or cups of butter?
2 lbs. brown sugar ---- 1 lb of brown sugar is equal to how many cups of brown sugar?
4 cups granulated sugar ---- 2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon corn syrup ---- 1/2 tbsp corn syrup
12 eggs, slightly beaten ---- 6 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla ---- 1 tbsp vanilla
3 lbs. creamy peanut butter ---- how many cups of peanut butter is equal to 1.5 lbs of peanut butter?
18 cups oatmeal ---- 9 cups of oatmeal
8 teaspoons baking soda ---- 4 tsps baking soda
12 oz. pkg. of both butterscotch and chocolate chips ---- 3 oz of butterscotch chips & 3 oz of chocolate chips
1 lb. M&M's candy ---- 1/2 lb of M&M candy = how many cups of M&M candy?

Thanks!

ⓣⓡⓤⓔ
§

1 like [|reply]
4 Nov 2010, 02:11
Toffee Sprinkles
1/2 lb. butter = 2 sticks or 1 cup
1 lb. brown sugar = 2 3/4 cups (packed)
4 cups granulated sugar = 2 cups
1 tbsp corn syrup = 1/2 tbsp corn syrup
12 eggs = 6 eggs
2 tbsp vanilla = 1 tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 lbs. peanut butter = approx. 3 cups
18 cups oatmeal = 9 cups oatmeal
8 tsps baking soda = 4 tsps baking soda
12 oz. pkg. of both butterscotch and chocolate chips (does that mean 12 oz. TOTAL or 12 oz. of each? I read it as the latter, which would make the new measurement 6 oz. of chocolate chips and 6 oz. of butterscotch)
1 lb. M&M's candy = 1 cup

I think some of the measurements will vary, depending on whether the substance is packed (like the brown sugar). I hope that helps... I don't cook and math isn't my best subject, so if I've made a mistake somewhere, please let me know!
1 like [|reply]
29 Dec 2010, 13:56
kein mitleid
1 tube cookie dough
1 spoon
1 sharp knife

Step one: Cut open tube of cookie dough with knife.
Step two: eat cookie dough with spoon.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends