Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Television
Page:  1 
The X Factor 2010
0 likes [|reply]
2 Oct 2010, 20:57
~RedFraggle~
It's that time of year again... So who do we reckon is going through to the live shows? The person who impressed me the most was Rebecca. And I don't even remember her from the auditions but she reminds me a bit of Leona. I also love Matt, Aiden, Marlon and Gamu. And I'd quite like to see Storm go through.

I really don't understand the excitement about Cher. She and Katie both had the weakest voices and they're both over dramatic.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 05:25
Jessica [Private]
Cher like...the actual Cher?

Or is this some non-celeb with the same name?
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 11:04
Dreamer ♥
A different Cher, I think she is talented for 16/17. Katie I don't think should have gone through but there a few I don't want in there, I think there is about 4more I could get rid of after last nights evictions! All of Simons groups! lol! All the guys bar Matt. I love Wagner, Storm and Treyc. Don't see Wagner and Storm going far but Treyc could!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 17:23
~RedFraggle~
How can you not like Aiden? His performance was amazing!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 17:26
Dreamer ♥
Was he the one who did mad world? I liked it but thought he was trying too hard. Giving him another chance though as that is a mega hard song to sing. I have seen too many people try sad songs with smilies on their faces so it was good to see someone trying but I think he tried too hard. just my opinion!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 17:29
~RedFraggle~
Yes, that was him. I think he's actually just shy and trying to figure out how to perform. But his voice is brilliant, I think the rest will come with experience.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 17:30
Dreamer ♥
This is true! I did think he has an amazing voice but there is those with better voices!

Also, what did you think of Cheryls tan? Orange or was it just my tv lol!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 17:36
~RedFraggle~
Orange!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 17:57
Dreamer ♥
LOL Glad it wasn't just me then!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 17:24
Chris
I'm legit depressed. I have absolutely no way to watch this season.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 11:28
Transit
I think the quality of contestant is extremely poor this year, and so far virtually all song choices have been awful. Usher was rubbish as well though!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 11:49
Sarah*
Usher can dance but..he didn't sing? He made a few noises but that was all. Lol.
I agree the performances on this weekends show were not that captivating. I found myself distracted from the TV quite a lot.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 16:04
Lindy
I like Cher, Rebecca and Mary. Mary wont go to the final cos of her age but shes got a brilliant voice. Rebecca's got a lovely voice. And Cher is cool, you can imagine her as a pop star.

I cannot STAND frigging Storm! Irritating!!! The way he talks, and the stupid hair and the arrogance.. no.

Then again I wont remember who most of these people are come new year unfortunately. And I hate seeing people getting crushed when they dont go through every week, but at the same time I am well and truly addicted this year!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 17:27
~RedFraggle~
@Lindy: I just think Cher is annoying and trying to be a mini Cheryl. There's no way she'll cope when she's expected to sing bigger songs.

And Storm talks with a mixed American/Scottish accent, having spent half his life in Scotland and the other half in America. Not exactly his fault. And I don't think he's arrogant. He seems genuinely shocked and grateful whenever anyone gives him positive comments. I think he's eccentric, and slightly odd, but not arrogant. And he does have a great voice. I agree on the hair though!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 16:12
The Ryan
I genuinely didn't like any of their first performances! The songs were crap and the vocals were average. Disappointing, yo!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 17:20
~RedFraggle~

Really? I think it's the most entertaining it's ever been!

From the first show I think:

Absolutely brilliant performances: Treyc, Mary, Aiden

Talented singers, given the wrong songs: Matt, Rebecca, FYD (whoever sings first is always in the bottom two in week one), John, Paije, Belle Amie

Pleasantly surprised: One Direction

Can't deny they're talented: Katie, Storm (although I like Storm, can't stand Katie)

Utterly ridiculous: Wagner, Diva Fever, Nicolo (and in view of the fact he was ridiculous AND arrogant, I'm very glad he's gone)

Really just don't get it: Cher (horrendous make up, weird faces and only actually SANG two notes. Oh, and she was a school bully!)
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 20:13
Lindy
i dont like his personality and his voice is very U2.. hate Bono, hate Storm.. it isnt his accent really, just something about the way he speaks, the stuff he says.. like a less talented Rhydian..

Aiden was good yep, I liked Katie's first audition and try to like her, but she has so much hate in her direction atm its hard to keep on liking her lol... i think she has a really good voice though.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Oct 2010, 22:52
Acid Fairy
GAHHH I can't believe this show is still going! I wish they would emphasise song writing on this show and then I could maybe get behind it a little more. With the format the way it is, they are nothing more than highly pressurised karaoke singers. Granted, I've not seen any of this season but I haven't heard very good reports from people I know who do watch it.

I also can't get behind anyone who is so willing to have their career managed in such a way, because they need to GROW SOME BALLS.

Anyone have any idea when it will run out of steam? Has it run out of steam already? Will there be another viral campaign to get another song to Xmas number 1 and if so would you support it?
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends