Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Suggestion Box
Page:  1 
Bloop Diary Street Team
0 likes [|reply]
17 Sep 2010, 19:20
Chris
So in another one of my dastardly schemes to get some exposure to this place, I thought I'd try out a Bloop Diary Street Team. This time, however, I'm not going to surprise you with some shit this time, and I'm inviting you to join me, with rewards of Bloop Xtra and other cool shit. The project will be completely funded my by myself and anyone who has any funds they're willing to donate.

Basically, the idea is as follows:

There are weekly "missions" where you find clever ways to spread publicity to the site, whether it be by internet (other sites you visit, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) or in real life (fliers, advertisements, good stuff). Based on your weekly performance, you gain a certain number of points that you can redeem to win cool stuff (possibly Bloop related, possibly other stuff). This in turn gives you an incentive to get people to join as we grow into the blossoming community we should have been the past few years.

The project is currently in its alpha stages (i.e. in my head and in the "saved" section of my not-yet-published entries list) and I need some help.

This is an open request to anyone who wants to be a founding member of the Bloop Diary Street Team.

Help me make this place the biggest blogging community on the internet.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Sep 2010, 17:47
Doc
I already do this... but snazzy idea Chris! Hell, if it works for musicians then it should work for us. heh
0 likes [|reply]
24 Sep 2010, 04:16
Jessica [Private]
Wait, there's a street team diary already? Where?
0 likes [|reply]
24 Sep 2010, 07:23
Doc
I thought you and Chris ran it... o.O
0 likes [|reply]
24 Sep 2010, 07:31
Jessica [Private]
you said "I already do this... but snazzy idea Chris! Hell, if it works for musicians then it should work for us. heh"

Doesn't that mean you already have a diary for it?
0 likes [|reply]
24 Sep 2010, 08:01
& skull.
i think he just pimps bloop out on his own. as far as i'm aware there's only one diary dedicated to it.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Sep 2010, 09:25
Doc
Exactly like Ev said... I just link Bloop everywhere. Forums sigs, twitter, etc etc.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Sep 2010, 05:03
Bloop Street Team
Street Team on Twitter!

If you have a twitter, go follow! :)
Get #bloopdiary a trending topic!
0 likes [|reply]
18 Sep 2010, 09:27
Tam I Am
I love this idea. I just retweeted. =) Count me in!
0 likes [|reply]
18 Sep 2010, 14:49
Music God CJ Plain
I promote it on the podcast all the time. It's not much...but I try and help.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Sep 2010, 01:23
Mami 2 ♥ 1
See I would love to promote bloop, but bloop is my get a way from the rest of the world. I don't want my IRL friends or family coming here to see my rants, secrets, and most personal thoughts. I have made some awesome friends here. But the friends I have made love me and accept me as I am with all of the dirty details of my life. The people who know me IRL are not privileged to that kind of info.

Sorry!
0 likes [|reply]
19 Sep 2010, 02:18
Makayla
I know exactly what you mean!
0 likes [|reply]
19 Sep 2010, 03:40
F C U K
I'll facebook post it. I'm not a fan of friends being on here either but I'm constantly deleting entries and shit anyway. If anyone did find my diary it wouldn't be a big loss because I always write the true facts down anyway and put my heart into it. I'd love to see bloop become a bigger site because it's a lot better than all of the big sites out there. I love the easy navigation and the interaction. It gets boring when people won't comment you unless they know you, and when the ones you know do comment you sometimes you're not looking for a response from them.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Sep 2010, 03:53
F C U K
Actually never mind. I made it my signature in a forum I use.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Sep 2010, 05:16
Jessica [Private]
The idea of a street team isn't necessarily to recruit your friends/family (although if some people want to spread the word to family, that's up to them).
Mainly a street team recruits people in general. Random strangers around your city, on other websites you use, wherever you lurk online.

It's just to get the word out about bloop.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Sep 2010, 08:30
F C U K
I know but I have family on my facebook... If Ma knew I had a journal on here she'd have Stachely [nosy sister with a mustache. My anti-depressants don't even repel her.] looking all out for me. While they're not on my friends list, I know word would leak of my post from other family members. My family is just like that. I put it as my sig on a forum I use though, so I'm safe. Took a while to figure out the BB code.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Sep 2010, 09:33
Jessica [Private]
...Yeah I just said you don't have to recruit your friends or family. Which would kind of knock facebook out of the running, wouldn't it? Considering most people have their friends and family on their uh, friends list.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Sep 2010, 23:51
*Forever Changing*
I posted on facebook and myspace about bloop, I really dont care who reads me, if they need to stalk me that badly then I welcome it :) lol.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Sep 2010, 17:47
Doc
I followed that twitter account. Be nice to get a follow back. :P
0 likes [|reply]
24 Sep 2010, 03:06
Jessica [Private]
I haven't logged on it yet (A)
I'll follow you now though. ;)
0 likes [|reply]
24 Sep 2010, 03:37
Doc
Awesome! :glee:
0 likes [|reply]
24 Sep 2010, 04:22
c'est la vie.
Ooh, good idea! (: I'll follow you right now! Oh, & I hope you'll be following back P:
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends