Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Suggestion Box
Page:  1 
TotW
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 20:38
kein mitleid
Would it possibly be a good way to increase community interest if instead of individual entries for "Theme of the Week" instead be changed to a "Forum of the Week," where good discussion points could be brought up in a localized place? Would anyone be interested in such a thing?
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 20:50
Jessica [Private]
Oooh I like this idea. :]
I'd be down!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 22:26
lithium layouts.
We could have it in addition to TOTW. =D
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 23:37
Acid Fairy
Likes it!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 22:19
jessi bear(:
i would!
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 00:18
.love.struck.
Does anyone even do the theme of the week? I don't. If it was in a forum I think it would be a better discussion.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 00:30
Finally Mrs. Bailey
The TOTWs have gotten lame.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 14:08
lithium layouts.
Submit some then. =)
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 14:08
lithium layouts.
^ @ Becoming Mrs. Bailey
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 14:17
Finally Mrs. Bailey
Haha I should of seen that one coming.

But my ideas would be even more lame.... :(
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 14:17
Finally Mrs. Bailey
should have*
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 02:29
KerriBlue
"Forum of the week"? Do we think that's a wise idea? More to the point....a safe idea?! Haha. Bloop forums are becoming slightly notorious*** for being a bit of a danger zone. I mean - more often than not there are the sincere people who like using the forums (i.e. Various people including myself) but then occasionally its been known to slip into a bit of a...name calling free-for-all.

I do think it's a good idea. I always want to do the theme of the week, but I usually only have 2 sentences and that's it, so a forum would be an ideal space. But perhaps it will need to be moderated? I'm only trying to look at the big picture, I mean - if that theme of the week happens to be religious Vs. non-religiously based it could turn into pandemonium.

***debatable.
(P.s. I need to use Firefox more often! IT SPELL CHECKS FOR ME. Haha.)
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 02:30
KerriBlue
On that note, it is fun to watch a forum turn into a name calling, personal attacking circus.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 04:52
Jessica [Private]
@kerri: I think the shitstorms are half the fun of the forums. Granted the name-calling is a bit much, but IMO it comes with the territory. If you're going to have a differing opinion then you should probably be prepared for some little twat come and call you a fat ugly bitch ;D
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 11:06
KerriBlue
@Jessica

I know. After my first post I think something clicked and I thought "Bloop forums wouldn't be bloop forums without the drama"
Ugg Hrmm..I dont know. I want to say "I don't like seeing people get hurt" but then half the time they sort of walk into it and cause the drama in the first place. So really...I shouldn't worry. People, if you walk into drama, it's your own doing, I should stop trying to play devils advocate.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 14:19
Finally Mrs. Bailey
@Jessica: Lmfao that is so true.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 02:59
kein mitleid
@Kerri

I think the idea was Bloop is to have the least amount of moderation possible. The idea that the forums are for those that choose to use them, and at their own risk of ridicule has been that way for a while. I remember from years ago the flame wars that went back and forth from entry-to-entry, and the forums have been rather tame in comparison. I see no need for moderation.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends