Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
Cat thrown in bin
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 19:09
The Ryan
This has been all over the British press today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1xuLs7BCeo&feature=player_embedded#!

I watched it and fell off my chair laughing my ass off. Yeah, I know I'm going to hell.

A middle-aged bank worker who was caught shoving a cat into a wheelie bin was today named as Mary Bale.
Ms Bale sparked outrage when she was filmed on CCTV grabbing the friendly cat by the neck and dumping it in the bin, where it remained for 15 hours.
She was today under police protection, with PCSOs guarding her front door, as thousands of Facebook users bayed for blood due to the way she had treated four-year-old tabby Lola.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305751/Facebook-protest-woman-cat-wheelie-bin-gets-police-protection.html#ixzz0xYHyIVAA
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 19:10
Jessica [Private]
Oh that's terrible :(
Poor kitty.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 21:20
Dreamer ♥
Poor kitty! My fella showed me that and I was horrified!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 22:27
lithium layouts.
I heard about this yesterday! My first, and current, response, continues to be: 'wtfffff?...'
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 22:28
lithium layouts.
And I love how the cat in this report is 'friendly' - we don't know that! Maybe it was about to attack Ms Bale. Maybe Ms Bale knew something we all didn't. xD
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 02:28
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
poor kitty!!!!!!!!!!!
0 likes [|reply]
26 Aug 2010, 21:58
Giggle
@The Ryan: LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who laughed =P I mean I love cats and all and what she did was mean but how she just pets it, looks around, throws it in the bin and walks away was funny XD
0 likes [|reply]
28 Aug 2010, 17:13
jessi bear(:
i laughed too the first time i saw it.
if i didn't know that the poor thing was stuck in there for 15 hours, it'd be pretty funny. however, considering that it was just stuck in there and could have been hurt if the bin had been collected, it's awfully cruel.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 21:11
~RedFraggle~
That's horrible. That poor little cat. I don't know how anyone can be so cruel, it must have been so scared. Thank goodness the bin wasn't collected while she was inside!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 22:08
KerriBlue
Good thing the owners had CCTV. I wonder why she did it. I don't understand - if she loved pets so much, what exactly made her thing "put cat in bin"?!?!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 22:08
KerriBlue
think*
Damn you sun for glaring on my computer screen!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 22:41
~RedFraggle~
It looks pretty friendly in the CCTV pics!

I wonder if that woman has a mental illness. When I went to the Cats Protection League to adopt my cat there was another cat there who's previous owner had been schizophrenic and when he was delusional he'd believed his cat was possessed by the devil and he'd hit her or lock her away. Poor little thing was traumatised (and needed a new owner with more time to offer than I could :( ). But I also know the owner didn't know what he was doing. If this woman was like that (and it would fit with her being socially isolated) it would be easier to understand.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 09:18
lithium layouts.
@Red: That's a definite possibility. Although in this particular case, reading the article, it sounds like she was well aware of what she was doing and that she didn't think much of it (but also that she was under a fair bit of stress, given that her father is very ill). Regardless, the death threats and other things she has been receiving are a bit ridiculous.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 15:48
~RedFraggle~
@lithiumlayouts: To be fair you can't really know if she was delusional (for example) or not without doing a full mental state examination. The fact she did this in a controlled manner doesn't tell us what thoughts were going through her mind at the time. Pychosis can present in different ways and other aspects of the story would certainly be consistent with someone with a psychiatric disorder. My point is simply that we cannot know from the article.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Aug 2010, 22:44
♥ jes
"Wtf" is right. Some people think a little differently then the rest of us.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 00:23
.love.struck.
I'm not watching this. I hate seeing videos or hearing about animals being abused. It makes me want to do bad things to those people to see how they feel. If a person has the guts to hurt an innocent animals what makes them not hurt a human being?
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 04:53
Jessica [Private]
@lovestruck: she doesn't hit the kitty or anything. She just starts petting it, looks around then opens the trash can and pretty much shoves the cat in. :(
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 01:58
♥ jes
@ .love.struck. - It's abuse, but you don't see her do anything to the cat but put her in a garbage can. I don't like animal abuse, either, but this wasn't anything horrid.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 09:58
*amour de bebe*
I saw this a couple of days ago and still all I can come up with is "WTF"
Thank goodness the bin wasn't collected!
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 10:18
& skull.
ok it was obviously wrong of her to do that and i wouldn't mind knowing why, but people wanting to kill her over it? get the fuck over yourself.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 22:28
Finally Mrs. Bailey
@& skull. : I don't see why people are wanting to kill her over it either. It's not like she beat it up.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 16:48
*Ariana*
What a mean lady.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 22:27
Finally Mrs. Bailey
Poor kitty, it was just being nice. Looks like the lady just doesn't like cats. She looked like she just wanted to be rid of it. I feel bad for the kitty...she must have been terrified.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Aug 2010, 23:34
once.upon.a.time.
It was really stupid! Like, wtf? I just want to know WHY she did it. She was just petting it and then gets the idea of "Hey, this looks like fun, I'll put the cat in the bin!"
0 likes [|reply]
26 Aug 2010, 00:06
Finally Mrs. Bailey
I thought so too! I was like, huh?
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends