Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Lindsay Lohan Jailed
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2010, 14:49
~RedFraggle~
From BBC News. Video here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10533925.stm

US actress and model Lindsay Lohan has been sentenced to 90 days in prison for violating her probation in a 2007 drug case.

"A judge in California said Lohan, aged 24, had failed to attend court-ordered alcohol education classes. The judge ordered Lohan to surrender on 20 July to begin serving the jail term.The actress had been on probation since August 2007 after pleading guilty to misdemeanour drug charges and no contest to three driving charges. Judge Marsha Revel said Lohan would also be required to enter an in-patient rehabilitation programme after her release from prison.

Lohan, who starred in Mean Girls, burst into tears after hearing the verdict. "I did do everything I was told to do and did the best I could to balance jobs and showing up," she told the court.

The actress must surrender on 20 July In 2007, Lohan pleaded guilty to two counts of being under the influence of cocaine and no contest to two counts of drunk driving and one count of reckless driving. She went to jail but spent only 84 minutes behind bars. She was also ordered to complete a series of alcohol education courses. But she failed to do them on time and missed a number of meetings.

In May, an alcohol-monitoring bracelet was fitted after Lohan failed to attend a probation hearing because she claimed to be stranded in France. Her lawyers said she was unable to fly back from the Cannes Film Festival after her passport was stolen."

Personally I think considering how dangerous her original offences were, I think she was lucky she wasn't jailed sooner. She's behaved as if she's above the law, and now she's got what's coming to her. Still, I'd be interested what other people think. She's clearly upset in the video, does anyone actually feel sorry for her?
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2010, 21:39
starsmaycollide
Nope, don't feel sorry for her. It's too bad she'll likely only serve a fraction of the 90 days. Really, she needs a wake up call and I hope she will learn to take rehab seriously. She's too young to be screwing up her life this much already.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2010, 22:32
HorrorVixen XO
she'll serve AT THE MOST 23 days according to a *source* that works at the lynwood jail.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2010, 14:06
*~Loving You~*
ah what else is new?

she has been abusing drugs and drinks for a long while, what really sucks,. if shes like paris hilton getting her OWN big old private cell and thinks its horriable not having the cell phone but live in a nice ass suite cell?!?!

i sure dont feel sorry she was stupid - drinking and driving she could have killed someone(s)
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2010, 14:13
*~Loving You~*
i know this is so mean of me, but i kinda chuckled, i mean, i just watched the ved (even tho there was no CC so i didnt hear her excuse or whatever) but i watched her face, she ACTED like "what the fuck? i didnt do anything..." (i have watched so many court tv with my mom so it can be amusing to me to watch thier facial expressions)

but seriously i dont feel bad for her, i do feel bad for her lawyer if that lady was her lawyer cuz she was sobbing on her shirt, and poss smidge her make up on that shirt or watever.

passport "stolen" or not, i am SURE she could have called her lawyer and explained and they could have worked something out. she should have been in jail along time ago IMO it sucks that alot of us used to look up to her when she was little (and so were we since she is our age) and she turns out to failing life itself by making stupid choices like this (im not saying no one makes dumb choices but shes just throwing her life away)
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2010, 16:51
Transit
I should think she'll serve around 20-30 actual days, I'm surprised at how lax her sentences have been (three separate 30 day sentences), I'm also absolutely amazed she is able to choose a day to 'surrender' to start her sentence! I saw in a picture she had Fuck You written on her nails, nice little message for the judge...

I don't think there is any reason to feel sorry for her, no one forced her to drink and drug drive, there is the old saying "can't do the time, don't do the crime"
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2010, 17:35
HorrorVixen XO
no one feels sorry for her except her mother, dina. she violated her probation, she took none of this serious, she told excuse after excuse, etc. she needs this jail time!!!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2010, 17:39
American
bah im tired of hearing of her.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2010, 19:16
♥Mars.Foxx
i feel bad for her in the sense that if i were in her shoes i wouldn't wanna go to jail and id be scared. but i certainly wouldn't feel like i didn't deserve it. the thing i don't get is, you have people to drive you around, if you have to get drunk all the time, have someone drive you around. that wold have prevent ALLLLL of this. her drinking and addictions are her business, what caused them is her business. but now that she's hit people in her car and got DUIs its a public safety things. i guess i just hope she gets better and can be happy. she seems like such a bitch who doesn't care about anything, her self included. that's sad. i used to really like her =/
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2010, 00:36
Ashalicious
Exactly "Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore just explained ... generally, a female inmate in Lindsay's situation only serves 25% of their sentence ... which means LiLo will most likely spend around 23 days behind bars." I say she'll spend 2 weeks. I don't think it's fair but this is how it works for celebs they get to do whatever they want with little if any consequences.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2010, 03:48
Finally Mrs. Bailey
No one serves the full 90 days. Celeb or not. What's even worse is that worse crimes don't get the full sentence either sometimes. I'm voting on her being out in around 15 days and on parole.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2010, 06:48
& skull.
she babbled something about working hard for her career. yeah careers don't involve being a drugged up drunk skank that skip out on court. enjoy prison idiot..
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2010, 09:14
Transit
@ & skull

Hmm, sounds like she would be good for a career in soliciting....
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2010, 12:35
& skull.
ha. good call.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2010, 09:59
Bec💕
haha. she was so shocked about it too. god does she not understand that she didnt only put her own life at risk BUT other innocent people aswell?? stupid bitch!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends