Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Suggestion Box
Page:  1 
Newbies
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2010, 01:29
KerriBlue
I was just clicking through the forums like I normally do, I stumbled across one (or was it three?) forums posted by a new blooper. There seemed to be an issue with the new blooper posting numerous posts to ask simple questions. I think it's fair to say some (not all) of the more advanced bloop users found this slightly irritating. I have to admit, I found the constant posting slightly irritating until I realised when I first signed up to bloop all those many years ago, I didn't have a clue. It was only because I was one of those tech-savy "I'll find a way to get this to work by myself and I don't want to ask for help because I hate asking for help" type of people. However, some people aren't like that and they DO want help and WILL ask for help.

Anyway, where was I going with this? Oh right, SO I was thinking, MAYBE there is a way around this problem and a way of being more welcoming to newbies.

I thought at one stage a whole bunch of bloopers volunteered to be a "welcome" group to bloop...but I have no idea if that was real or not. But perhaps there can be a group established that are willing to commit themselves to helping when newbies sign up. Secondly, I vaguely remember when I made my new diary that I got a automated message from bloop to welcome me or what not, so in saying that, maybe an automated message could go out listing the people who are available to help and who are willing to answer any questions.

I don't know, it was just a random thought, maybe someone else out there has a better idea. But I have to say, the forums can be a scary place sometimes, especially for newbies, so there has to be a way of helping them out and not scaring them off completely.

(Besides, we need to keep the forums clear for me to post my AWESOME news posts........kidding :) )

I guess this really isn't a major issue, if it were happening constantly, I consider it a major issue, but it's only happened recently. But perhaps this would also be a way of making people - adapt to bloop easier? I mean bloop is sort of user friendly, but maybe i only see it that way because I've been here forever and a day, maybe if people knew what they were doing, they'd be more inclined to stick around?
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2010, 01:31
KerriBlue
And yes, I would be willing to volunteer myself if a group was established.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2010, 02:05
Lauren.
You're right, that did come up in a BloopNews entry a while back, and there were a bunch of us to raise our hands as veterans who would be willing to help the newbies. I don't think it was ever brought up again, though. Still a good idea, if you ask me!
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2010, 08:05
Dreamer ♥
fab idea! Sign me up to help!
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2010, 01:35
American
Sounds like a good idea to me.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2010, 04:48
Jessica [Private]
Love love looveeee.
Count me in :]
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2010, 07:56
Bloop Street Team
Speak of the devil!

Newbies can come to the brand spankin' new Bloop Help Desk for all the beginner information they need!
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2010, 16:15
Emily the Strange
Is people posting a few posts about questions a bad thing? Do we really need a help desk to show someone how to use bloop? People figure things out for themselves, bloop REALLY isn't that complicated of a site...
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2010, 16:17
& skull.
bloop is far less complicated than, let's say, live journal. and it was only annoying because that person made several posts, rather than just ONE with all their queries.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends