Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Television
Page:  1 
True Blood general thread
0 likes [|reply]
28 May 2010, 20:15
Chris
So I know the True Blood community here is going to lose their (our :P) collective minds when the third season of True Blood comes out, so lets keep the general and individual episode discussion to one thread.

Is anyone else going to the True Blood Ultimate Fan thing they're doing at a bunch of theaters across the country? My girlfriend and I are going down to the one in Miami.

Also, anyone else thing the Fellowship of the Sun is going to make a comeback in season 3?

Please no spoilers!
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2010, 05:25
Jessica [Private]
Ohmahgawwwww I've been waiting for this season for flipping. EVAR.

Is your True Blood fan thing before mine here?
If so, plz let me know if it's srsly worth going to. Because then I may go.
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2010, 14:30
Chris
They're all on the same day.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 20:26
*~Loving You~*
bleh... i really wouldnt know i mean... in the book "season 2" aka book 2 layfette is supposed to be dead, and they kept him alive for season 2 i know theres supposed to be freaky stuff between bill and sam *shudders* but i have no idea...

personally i like the books better, fellowship of the sun shouldnt be in there... i wouldnt know, i believe they are gonna figure out where bill is...

theres a true blood ulitmate fan thing?? really? wow... i wonderhow many seasons they are gonna make trueblood if theres 10 books already and there will be at least 3 more, i dunno if they would do 13 seasons lol
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 20:34
Chris
Well the creator of the show has made some pretty long series before. Like, his last HBO show went for like 12 seasons.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 20:41
*~Loving You~*
hmm was that umm 6 feet under?
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 20:42
Chris
Yeah, I think so.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 20:43
*~Loving You~*
was that based off a book? (seirously i dunno lol) but they already messed up on trueblood i have NO idea how they would cover it by the 10th book/season have you read the books yet?
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 20:45
Chris
The books are absolute shit, yo. They were giving the first two away at the True Blood Ultimate Fan Experience event down here, and they're just written horribly.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 20:48
*~Loving You~*
lol okay i take it you like the SHOW better than the books lol, we can agree to disagree, i think of trueblood its own lil thing compared to the books, since it has already went off its own ways... i like the books better IMO - but in the book, the 10th book the BIG part (it shouldnt be missed for the season series) the maker comes around, but in the shows godfrey was the maker when the book he was just an old vampire he was fond of... i was just wondering how they can cover that part up...
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 20:52
Chris
The show added character development, yo. They also kept the best characters around for further seasons, like Lafayette.

The episode that took the most from the books was the pilot episode, and I didn't even like it. Bill came off as a complete mary-sue, Sookie was annoying (and she still is kind of annoying sometimes), and also came off as a mary-sue... the entire thing was just very meh. I like to think of True Blood as a series that is loosely based in the same universe as the books.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 20:59
*~Loving You~*
i dont mean to be a snob but its mary-ann lol i dunno why mary-sue bothered me..

i know... sookie does annoy me in the shows... esp that gap between her teeth!!!!! lol
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 21:00
Chris
/sigh - I'm not talking about the maenad Maryann.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 00:43
ouch.
Couldn't afford HBO last season, so I just bought season two last night! I plan on watching the entire season this weekend :D Needless to say, I'm pretty wicked excited!

I would love to go to an Ultimate Fan thing, however none are in the general vicinity. saaaaaaaaaaaad!
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2010, 14:23
Acid Fairy
Since I am English, then no *sigh*

I am only up to date with it all because I am way too impatient to wait for the shows to be shown over here, so I download them all. I do the same with Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries, mwahahaha ;D
But seriously, it's not fair how far behind we are *sulk*
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2010, 05:23
BloopSecrets
Yeah I never understood that.
Even with Canadian things coming to the US it still takes months.

Its not like it takes long to ship things. Couple weeks, tops!
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2010, 05:24
Jessica [Private]
Yeah I'm really hating myself for accidentally posting under this diary all the time now. It's a problem.
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2010, 20:26
Cokeadot
I have read the entire Sookie Stackhouse series and I think this season is going to be bad AWESOME! lol I can't wait for it to begin!

Although book 4 was one of my favorite and I truly can't wait for season 4!
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2010, 21:55
Acid Fairy
I can't get into the books. Which makes me sad. I just think they are terribly written with poor character development.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 17:42
Chris
I do too. :(
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jun 2010, 17:46
.erica.
I actually like the books, but I do think they are doing a better job in the show with everything. I mainly read the books because I want to know what is going to happen and couldn't keep waiting for the new seasons to start lol.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jun 2010, 19:51
Kelsey Lynn xox
so who do you like together? eric and sookie or sookie and bill?
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jun 2010, 20:23
Chris
Sookie and Bill. Their personalities mesh well together. Eric doesn't seem to have any on-screen chemistry with anyone else except for Pam.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jun 2010, 20:41
Oprah Noodlemantra
I'm a Sookie/Eric shipper. Although that could have something to do with the fact that Alexander Skarsgard is probably the hottest man alive. :D
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends