Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
Pedometer help.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2010, 01:55
.xoxo
So I am trying to lose weight, and I really enjoy doing the workout DVDs on cable when I'm too lazy to go to the gym or if it's too late. I just don't know how many calories I burn when I do them, and I was wondering if a pedometer would tell me that. I'm kind of confused about pedometers because I thought they were just for walking or running. If they do not work does anyone else have any idea how I can track the calories burned while I am doing that?
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2010, 02:48
Beautiful Lies
You want to get an HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) with a chest strap. I have the Polar F4 and it's amazing!
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2010, 02:52
Beautiful Lies
and by F4 I mean I have the F6. In a nice sleek black :) It comes with a hard chest strap (the soft ones are much nicer but much more expensive). You input all your info (height, weight, vo2max, gender etc) and it's pretty much awesome. It's got all sorts of bells and whistles! The only thing that is slightly upsetting is that I've found out that I actually burn less calories than what the machines were telling me :( booo. But at least I know how much I'm burning now, for real!
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2010, 05:18
.xoxo
So does it go around your chest? How does that work with boobs?
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2010, 06:18
Beautiful Lies
lol. It sits under your boobs. Like right below your bra. It sends all the information to your watch which will display all the info about calories burned etc.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Apr 2010, 05:05
.xoxo
Thanks I'll have to look that up!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends