Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
Hey uh- question
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2010, 09:19
Tam I Am
On your laptop, that thing that goes around the screen that you screw down? What's it called? Mine has a crack in it and it doesn't properly click down at the bottom.

And is it possible to order just one of those thingys?
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2010, 09:24
Tam I Am
Photobucket

Thought I'd add a picture to show you exactly what I'm talking about.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2010, 10:04
Luvvy
I sent you a private message to your question... I went to reply again and I think you switched your privacy settings... I added you to my friends which you should have been on before... whoops :)
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2010, 16:50
.youll.carry.me.
Honestly, I dont know that you can buy just that part, since all laptop models are different and therefore same with parts the manufacturer's cover, BUT, if you have Kijiji or Freecycle or the like near you, post for a "Parts laptop" that has the same specs as yours (model # and brand) is mostly fine, and see if anyone has one laying around. The whole top piece (monitor) included, it alot easier to change the whole thing than just a piece of it, also less chance of breaking it in the process. We just replaced the screen on an older IBM machine, as well as a newer Dell, so you should have no problem doing it that way. We paid 15$ for one of the parts laptops and 35$ for the other. Totally worth it, as then you have extra parts incase anything else happens to your machine!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Apr 2010, 01:50
- misseriin*
it looks like the case.
mine broke last year, I had to send it to dell to get it fixed.
it looks like your screen is dead too!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Apr 2010, 01:50
- misseriin*
actually, you look like you have the same piece of crap laptop I do!
call dell, they should fix it. I got mine back in 2 days!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Apr 2010, 10:53
Tam I Am
Yeah, that's an old picture lol. I spent like a month with the screen like that before I got a new one. Now the only thing wrong is that silver part around the screen has a small crack in it and I"m missing a screw from the bottom of my computer.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends