Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1 
Easter Brunch!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Feb 2010, 12:28
queenbutterfly
I'm a non-denominational Christian, and Easter for me and my family is a HUGE celebration! This year, I want to do an Easter Brunch with ham, etc. Problem is, I've never baked or cooked a ham. I like the honey or sweet hams, does anyone have any good recipes or ideas on how to make a delicious ham?

Thanks!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Feb 2010, 13:34
Mami 2 ♥ 1
u can go to honey baked ham and buy one already cooked. thats what we do every yr and they are amazing.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Feb 2010, 14:17
queenbutterfly
My first option was to do that, however, when I went to the website this morning and found out that the ham was almost $50 I couldn't get myself to buy it. I could prepare a meal for that for my family!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Feb 2010, 14:40
Mami 2 ♥ 1
Yeah i would rather spend the extra money cuz u will be stuck in the kitchen for hours and me i have never made a ham and wouldnt want it to come out over/undercooked so i would rather just pay extra for it to come out perfect. i think the ham we bought for xmas was a lil under $40 and we got about a 4-5lb ham.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Feb 2010, 14:47
Lauren.
I can't find the recipe that my mom uses, but this one looks to be about right and it always turns out amaaaaazing:
http://www.howtodothings.com/food-drink/how-to-make-a-honey-baked-ham

By the way, I'm with you - much cheaper to make one than to go buy one at the Honey Baked Ham store, and it's more personal (and dare I say, could be fun :P) to do it yourself!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Feb 2010, 15:18
queenbutterfly
Oh gosh! THis is it! This is the recipe I'm going to use! Seems so easy for a first time ham cooker!! Thanks Lauren!
0 likes [|reply]
28 Feb 2010, 05:42
.Ban.Ignorance.
Spiral honey ham.. delicious.. theres a honey glaze you put on it before you put it in the oven.. amazing
0 likes [|reply]
28 Feb 2010, 05:46
*Forever Changing*
I agree. Yum. I want some honey ham now. Dang
0 likes [|reply]
27 Feb 2010, 13:14
Transit
You need to soak your gammon in water for at least 3 hours, otherwise it will be really salty. Cooking times depend on the size of the gammon joint, for a small joint (2kg), put a cloved studded onion in a pan and some bay leaves, then put the gammon joint in and boil it for about an hour, after that take it out the water, remove the skin and most of the fat, then do cut some lines along the surface so the glaze can penetrate a bit. For honey roast you'll need, soft brown sugar, an orange (including the rind) then equal amounts of honey and english mustard, about 2 table spoons. Then mixed them all together and spread them on the gammon then cook it for 45-60 minutes on standard 200'C.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Feb 2010, 14:17
queenbutterfly
Oh my gosh this helps so much!
0 likes [|reply]
28 Feb 2010, 19:30
Lovin'MyLittles
This sounds amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing... lol
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends