Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
WIRELESS INTERNET HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 likes [|reply]
14 Feb 2010, 13:05
TotesMaGoats
We just got a wireless router, my husband turned on his computer (he has an hp, and windows 7) and his computer connected almost automatically. MY laptop (hp, windows xp) on the other hand does not!! It connects but it says Local Access Only..... It's not my firewall (i've temporarily turned it off), I have the password typed in, I have it on the same settings as my husband's--- WPA-2 Personal, AES..... Anyone know what else I can do?!!?! It connected for about 10 minutes, and then I had to close my computer & move it, and it never connected ever again!!! grrrrr
0 likes [|reply]
14 Feb 2010, 14:33
xanderthebuttmonkey
make sure you're not too far away from the router, since you mentioned it worked until you moved it. I would also try rebooting the computer and setting up the wireless again from scratch. Aside from that I'm not sure what else to try.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Feb 2010, 03:39
.xoxo
Is your wifi button on? On my HP the button is like a touch thing and it has to be blue. Also try unplugging the router for like a minute then plug it back in.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Feb 2010, 10:51
Poetic Justice
When it connected for those 10 minutes, could you actually use the internet, or was it just 'connected'? There's sometimes an issue with Windows XP and WPA protection that will require you to do an update. Here, this might be what you're looking for:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357
0 likes [|reply]
14 Feb 2010, 13:31
Acid Fairy
OH MY GODDDD!!!!1!!!ONE!!!1
0 likes [|reply]
14 Feb 2010, 13:32
TotesMaGoats
Ummm.... What?? You got my hopes up thinking someone had actually tried to help....
0 likes [|reply]
14 Feb 2010, 15:15
Elena Rosemary
Lol xD
0 likes [|reply]
15 Feb 2010, 01:38
Jessica [Private]
LOL. I'm thinking they were mocking the title of the thread.

Personally I'm not very inclined to take a thread with an all CAPS title and a million exclamation points seriously.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Feb 2010, 20:09
TotesMaGoats
lol, who cares?? If some people don't "take it seriously" then there are plenty of others who really don't care
0 likes [|reply]
15 Feb 2010, 09:30
Transit
They're just incredibly childish.

I was going to second what .xoxo said, I used to have a HP laptop and I would often catch the wifi button without realising because of where it was positioned, if you can connect but you cannot use the internet e.g. sites cannot be found, then the settings on your husbands computer most likely need to be tweaked, from his computer he can stop anyone using the wireless internet.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Feb 2010, 20:10
TotesMaGoats
Yeah i've tried all that :( still no luck!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends