Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Plan B pill?
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 16:56
lovingquality104
lol clearly i have ONE sexual partner who is my boyfriend that i've been with for years.

i'm not really sure where you got "guy friends" from? i'm not one to sleep around like that, i have plenty of respect for myself, thanks ;)
0 likes [|reply]
15 Jan 2010, 20:47
lovingquality104
LOL seriously? We can do this all day. I'm particularly not putting anyone at risk considering i am clean, have been tested, and have been sleeping with one person and only that one person for years now. I don't find what my boyfriend and i do in bed is irresponsible at all. Plan B may only be 92% effective, thats fine, but people get pregnant even if they are on birth control.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Jan 2010, 20:54
lovingquality104
Anyway, this obviously isn't getting anywhere and we obviously have two different opinions.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jan 2010, 05:59
HorrorVixen XO
::raises hand:: I got pregnant while on birth control... has anyone else???
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jan 2010, 18:55
~RedFraggle~
Are we expected to be surprised by this? Anyone with any sense knows that NO form of contraception is 100% effective.

I'm not quite sure what the relevance is of this to this thread though. Because if you're on a chemical form of contraception and it hasn't worked, by the time you find out it hasn't worked, you're pregnant and it's too late for plan B anyway. :P
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jan 2010, 18:57
~RedFraggle~
Although the majority of the time that something like that happens it's because the woman has either forgotten a pill or taken some other medications which have reduced the effectiveness of the pill (such as antibiotics) or has been unwell (e.g. vomitting and diarrhoea).
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jan 2010, 23:09
*amour de bebe*
Yup. But as red fraggle says, no BC is 100% effective. I was ill though.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jan 2010, 16:05
lovingquality104
couple of my friends did too and they were taking it as directed.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jan 2010, 20:31
*Forever Changing*
Honestly I think this is becoming a huge issue with not only youth but sexually active people today. If you dont want a baby dont effing have sex. Seriously, you know nothing is 100 percent yet you dont double up on BC? Hell I have three birth control babies, all on three different pills, because chemical contraceptives obviously does not work for me. We usually use the pull out method on top of my pill, and a condom. Well thats what we had been doing for almost two years, just the pull out and it worked, but if I had gotten pregnant while using JUST that, or JUST a pill (which is why I am currently pregnant) I would take responsibility for my actions. Everyone seems to think they can erase their mistakes and honestly I think the plan b pill just enforces that.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 00:14
Oprah Noodlemantra
I don't want a baby. I really don't, at least not for a while. Does that mean I shouldn't have sex until I'm ready to have one?
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 00:23
*Forever Changing*
No, that means you should use more then one form of protection to insure you dont have a baby. I am not telling people how to live, I am saying my opinion and how I feel. Sex=babies, thats what it is for, so for people to say "well I used protection and now im knocked up" or "we didnt use protection so I will just use plan B" to me is ignorant and idiotic. JMO.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 00:26
Oprah Noodlemantra
Sex isn't just for making babies, otherwise homosexual sex wouldn't be possible. Sex is for pleasure, too.
I do agree with the "we didn't use protection so I will just use Plan B" being ignorant, but the If you dont want a baby dont effing have sex argument you used really makes no sense to me.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 00:31
*Forever Changing*
The reason humans and animals have sexual parts is to reproduce, I really dont understand how you dont get that. That is why babies come from sex. Thats not a hard thing to grasp. Yes, sex is pleasurable, and yes homosexuals can have sex, but they cannot reproduce which is why sex is there in the first place. I really dont understand how people do not see that. YES it feels good. But the WHOLE point of sex in the big picture of life is reproduction.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 01:08
Mary Magdelene
I disagree that the WHOLE point of sex is reproduction. Sex exists not WHOLLY to reproduce, but to bond the human couple together intimately, whether they reproduce or not.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 01:12
*Forever Changing*
And I disagree with you, but its wonderful that two people can have different opinions, yours is yours and mine is mine.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 01:14
neverpretty
i do think that part of why sex is pleasurable is so that people will have sex, and thus reproduce. if sex wasn't pleasurable, would we still reproduce the same way? but i'm not sure i agree with it being the SOLE reason.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 01:17
*Forever Changing*
Im not saying sex doesnt bring people together and closer and yadda yadda but the reason sex was "created" is to reproduce. Food tastes good right? But the REASON you eat is so you can live. Its the same principle. The reason humans and animals have sex is to reproduce. Sure now that people know it feels good people have sex to feel good, but the reason a man has a penis and a woman has a vagina is for reproduction. Well and expelling waste but you get the idea.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 01:27
Mary Magdelene
I still disagree that sex was created only for the purpose of reproduction. As a Christian I do believe God created PARTLY for reproduction, and PARTLY to bring the couple together in an intimate bond emotionally. Otherwise there would never have been anything said about a man and woman becoming one. And that was what came first...the man and woman becoming one and THEN the reproduction. Not the other way around. Which tells me the most important thing to God when "creating" sex was to bond the husband and wife together.

But that is only coming from my Christian perspective. I don't know if you are Christian or not, so forgive me for basing my response on that presumption if you are not.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 16:10
& skull.
well plenty of animals do it because they have a drive to reproduce. as far as we know we're one of few species that does it for pleasure alone.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 16:41
.like.a.drug.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the only other animals that actually have sex for pleasure are dolphins and pigs. Weird.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 16:44
& skull.
yeah dolphins definitely. i think monkies may have been the other one? i watched a doco and their were quite a few more than i thought lol.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 16:17
& skull.
well of course the point of sex is to reproduce, but that's not all it's for. it's for reproduction and it's also for pleasure. i agree with you that it's sole purpose is to make more of something, and that people that don't do it carefully then get confused as to why they are pregnant or have std's are stupid. it's just not all it's for, you get more out of it than just baby making.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 12:33
Transit
"Sex=babies, thats what it is for, so for people to say "WELL I USED PROTECTION AND NOW IM KNOCKED UP" or "we didnt use protection so I will just use plan B" TO ME IS IGNORANT AND IDIOTIC"

"Hell I have three birth control babies, all on three different pills"

Oh, the irony, I love thee.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 17:13
lovingquality104
funny shit huh..
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jan 2010, 01:33
Tracie
Ah this thread reminds me I need to go get my yearly pap and get my STD tests out of my hair for the next year.

This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends