Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Books
Page:  1  2 
Suggestions?
0 likes [|reply]
29 Dec 2009, 19:05
something amazing.
I've been reading the Ender series by Orson Scott Card and it's pretty awesome. You can start with Ender's Game, then go either way. I started with the Shadow books, such as Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets and Shadow of the Giant. Now I'm reading Speaker of the Dead. He has a lot of different books in the series that you don't have to read them in a row to get them. :)
0 likes [|reply]
30 Dec 2009, 06:45
Tam I Am
The Innocent Man by John Grisham
True Believer by Nicholas Sparks
At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks
A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar
Marley and Me by John Grogan
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
Beyond the Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
The Outsiders-Susan Hinton
0 likes [|reply]
31 Dec 2009, 09:46
~RedFraggle~
If you like fantasy then I very much recommend Lord of the Rings (slow at first but worth persisting with as books have far more in them than the movie), The Hobbit and His Dark Materials.

As for non-fiction, I'm currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert which is very good.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Jan 2010, 11:26
RealLifeComics
Also, for the love of.... what ever made us....

Read an Anne Rice book.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Mar 2011, 07:57
Avonlea@ITW
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte! There's a reason people still read it over 100 years later!
0 likes [|reply]
3 Mar 2011, 10:55
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
I'm reading the last book in the Millenium Triliogy: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson. Excellent trilogy.

Here are other suggestions:

1. Star Island by Carl Hiassen
2. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
3. The House of Night Series by P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast (8 books in total as of right now)
4. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Piccoult
5. My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Piccoult
6. The Tenth Circle by Jodi Piccoult
7. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
0 likes [|reply]
3 Mar 2011, 14:06
SugarNSpice Surveys
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith
Christine by Stephen King
Phantoms by Dean Koontz
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl (non-fiction, about his time in a concentration camp and how he kept himself alive and gave himself hope by searching for meaning in his life - very good book! And easy to read for a non-fic book)
The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith

0 likes [|reply]
3 Mar 2011, 15:38
Bellatrix Lestrange
YAY! Wicked! ^___^

& Son of a Witch - that's the sequel to Wicked (;

Hm...
I'm not much of a reader but I suggest:

♥ Harry Potter series
♥ Nefertiti by Michelle Moran
♥ The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
♥ Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

(:
0 likes [|reply]
3 Mar 2011, 15:39
Bellatrix Lestrange
Oops... Forgot the type out the author!

Harry Potter series by JK Rowling ^___^
0 likes [|reply]
3 Mar 2011, 15:39
Bellatrix Lestrange
* to
-.-"
0 likes [|reply]
3 Mar 2011, 17:26
Tam I Am
I just found this author the other day at the library.

Emily Giffin
0 likes [|reply]
4 Mar 2011, 03:22
Unauthorized
Druids
The Greener Shore
^both by Morgan Llywelyn

Only two book suggestions, because these two are just that good. I think..have yet to find someone who agrees.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2011, 03:09
American
Anything written by R.A. Salvatore (He has a TON of fantasy type books).
Wiz Biz by David Weber.
Hell's Faire (forget author's name) is pretty good.
Pinheads & Patriots by Bill O'Reilly.
Most of Robert Jordan's books are good.
The Shannara series by Terry Brooks (like 8 or 9 books, at least...I think).
The Warded Man (forget author's name).
0 likes [|reply]
7 Mar 2011, 05:50
~Aiure
@ iWRITE: Hell's Faire is by John Ringo. That man is a freaking MACHINE, and he churns out some awesome material!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2011, 20:58
Opie's Old Lady
For me I love mystery books & fantasy books. So anything by J.D. Robb especially her In Death series for Mystery. I love love love love love LOVE Raymond E. Feist!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His fantasy writing is AMAZING! First book is Magician: Apprentice. Start there & just keep going. He's even written some books that go back to the first Saga but about the people surrounding the main war. Its a great read, it has mystery, love, war, & fantasy. Another good book is called Kindred. I forget who it's by but I had to read it for my Junior English class. The sad thing is I can never find it in a library. I think it's one you will have to get online. Also To Kill a Mockingbird. If you like romance novels I recommend the authers on my Book List
0 likes [|reply]
7 Mar 2011, 06:00
~Aiure
I love sci fi and fantasy. My favourite authors are Steven Brust (humourous fantasy), Steven Erikson (EPIC fantasy - huge books but awesome reads), Patricia A McKillip (fairy tales ftw!), John Ringo (military sci-fi), David Weber (also military sci-fi - both he and Ringo do some great fantasy works tho), and Robert Rankin (because I love British humour). Look into some of those :D
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2011, 13:55
.Amber.
The Mortal Instruments series (And it's prequel series, which starts with Clockwork Angel) - Cassandra Clare
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

I'm currently reading "Fallen" by Lauren Kate, and it's good so far.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Aug 2011, 12:49
SugarNSpice Surveys
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins!! I'm on the second book and I think it is a trilogy. But it is amazing. I love it :)
0 likes [|reply]
2 Aug 2011, 12:50
SugarNSpice Surveys
Haha, I totally didn't even see that you put the Hunger Games on your list, Amber. ;D But it is such a great series
0 likes [|reply]
2 Aug 2011, 18:42
.Amber.
It really is, I loved all three of them.

The Fallen series is good too.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Aug 2011, 02:59
Lizzy.
Well, I have't big as big on reading my whole life as I should have, so pretty much everything I would have said has been said. haha. But just to reiterate - Catcher in the Rye, The Bell Jar... And if you're looking for a hilarious book that isn't really a novel, check out "America" by Jon Stewart, lol. I know he has an Earth one out now, too, which has to be just as good.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends