Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Thread Graveyard
Page:  1 
Wishlists wanted!!!!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Dec 2009, 00:06
Christmas_Wish_List
Just posting this here so more people are aware of this diary!!

Go and Submit your Holiday Wishlists!!!

♥ Happy Holidays
0 likes [|reply]
12 Dec 2009, 02:46
Winged Centaur
Since when was it cool to ask strangers on the internet for anything?

I know Bloop is a little different, but giving your e-mail and the possibly your address to a potential stalker is not smart.

I am not a fan of a diary that encourages information sharing.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Dec 2009, 05:02
Jessica [Private]
Agreed =/
0 likes [|reply]
12 Dec 2009, 15:24
Christmas_Wish_List
and thats your opinion. Some people don't feel that way.

No one is forcing you to like this idea, or even join in the activities.

You dont have to be a fan, i knew not everyone would be. Its more than fine with me.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Dec 2009, 23:55
Doc
Is this diary owned by a current Blooper? I suppose I could run a trace and see when I get home and am not online via my phone.

Just a thought though... collecting people's email addresses treads a fine line on section 3 of the Bloop UA.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be an ass here. But the potential of harm to the younger Bloopers here is VERY high and might outweigh the good intentions of this. The idea of them sharing and publicly posting their email addresses to exchange for stuff that leads to them giving out their IRL home addresses and/or phone numbers is not good.

I will be contacting Steve and see what he thinks. One of our jobs as site Admins is to protect the users when we can. I will get back to you (the diary owner) via Bloop Message on this after I talk to him.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 02:29
love♥nik
I think the OP got this idea from lj; I've seen this on a lot of my flists but it's safer on there b/c most of my friends on lj are friends locked and if they wish to share their address, it is ONLY to ppl that can see it as their journal's are f-locked. W/ bloop it's harder to do this w/ trying to protect privacy.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 03:57
Doc
Yea, I admire the idea behind it. Just concerned it could be used to endanger someone without their knowledge.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 06:52
love♥nik
Yeah same; sometimes memes that work well on other blogs don't really work well on bloop, and vice versa. This is probably one of them.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 14:03
*~Loving You~*
It is a good idea for some but there's a lot of bad people on the internet they might have some now -- we don't really know much about em at all and besides steve should know in case if anything happens

0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 16:38
love♥nik
Well, like I said, privacy concerns are different on different sites.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 16:45
*~Loving You~*
How is it different here?
We might have sex offenders, perverts, child molstors here
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 16:54
love♥nik
O__o never there weren't any horrible ppl on other sites, but privacy controls are different on lj. You can't make a community diary here the way you can on lj. The site is set up differently and it's easier to be private there.

So again I say, privacy controls are different on different sites.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 18:37
*~Loving You~*
I get that -- again -- what if I'm really a 50 yr old woman who tries to get attention my diary is set for FO I could have all teen boys on my friends list or ur a 30 yr old man wanting some little pre tten girls to meet locally

There's many ways to get around to signing up something
Just cuz it "never" hapened before it doesn't mean it won't ever happen cuz this site COULD get shut down IF something bad happens if they feel this is dangerous
I'm just sayin I spoke my opinon if u respond please don't expect me to respond back cuz I won't let a online drama get build up then have ppl get mad over something isn't real I know I won't cuz it ain't that big of a deal
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 19:20
love♥nik
Which is why I take all my online relationships w/ a grain of salt. But as someone who has met a great deal of friends online and in person, it comes down to common sense and being smart.

I find it sad that you have to give a disclaimer at the end of your post. I believe in all the things you said pretty much... used to be 1 could have a conversation on bloop w/o the other fearing getting flamed.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 19:31
*~Loving You~*
Lol - how does a relationship or making friends online has anything 2 do with giving personal info on addresses? I never said I didn't meet great people on there I have irl friends here who got me involved I had my share of teen "love" online when I was a teen
But I guess from expereince is what I learned or hearing bad storiesthe friends I've made here basically from when I started bloop and I take precaution on here I don't give out my personal info to strangers

I just see this becoming a dramatic post ur still sitting here trying to tell me I'm wrong for my opinon I've seen the forums that has been blown out of hand
U spoke ur opinon I respect that u have or knowledge of privacy and my knowledge of bad expereinces here or stories I take pre caution of what I say or give out my point was giving info online or addresses in general even on bloop people outside of this site could get that was what I'm saying or some of us are not who we are and I don't care if they think I'm younger or older than what I say I am or weather I'm a female or male or weather I'm deaf or not. I joined to get things off my chest but after DA happened I taken on more pre caution and its not easy building trust on internet sites to share ur personal info/secrets
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 22:02
love♥nik
Oh goodness nvm.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 19:32
*~Loving You~*
And keep in mind I DO and still think the wish list IS a good idea BUT my concern of peoples safety cuz we really didn't know WHO was the dairist that created the diary that person could have been some1 bad
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 22:03
love♥nik
That's perfectly fine, I get that. Guess try couldn't take the pressure since it's already been deleted
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 08:37
& skull.
why would anyone want to buy stuff for strangers on the internet?
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 16:40
love♥nik
I wouldn't do it for a stranger but I've known a lot of my friends on lj for years now and if they did a wishlist and we were exchanging gifts I'd send them something. Not really here on a random diary though. And I've done snack swap on we_swap_snacks lj to a few different ppl.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2009, 02:20
& skull.
i've bought things for people i'm familiar with online as well, but i wouldn't want to buy something for someone i don't know.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Dec 2009, 03:01
love♥nik
Ditto, which is why it works better on lj than here really.... Wrong meme to try and work on bloop.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Dec 2009, 22:35
Doc
Ah well. To the graveyard then since it was deleted by the user.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends