Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Dad shoots 15 yr old son over sexual abuse.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Nov 2009, 19:13
Poetic Justice
That's sad, but I can understand it. I mean with the kid only being 15 and all, it might have been a little much (he probably didnt understand exactly HOW bad what he did was...) but still, I cant say I wouldnt react much differently if my child did something like that. It's nice to see that there are people out there who do take this sh*t more seriously than our legal system does
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 02:41
Chris
You would murder your child if he turned you for help after doing something similar?
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 07:13
Poetic Justice
I dont know. Depends on the age probably. But I might.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 07:18
Chris
You need help.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 09:52
Poetic Justice
I get that a lot.

You asked when rape and/or sexual abuse became worse than murder... There are some things in this world worse than death (as those out there unfortunate enough to have actually had to experience them may agree). If I was standing alone with a total stranger whom I knew with 100% certainty inflicted that kind of pain on another human being, I wouldnt think twice about killing them where they stood. I probably wouldnt even lose a wink of sleep over it, either, because I know that that person will never hurt anyone like that again. If they were to go free, they would probably have countless more victims, because the legal system wont do anything. Nothing really useful, anyway. They generally favor the criminals rights over the victims.

At least this guy didnt kill a total stranger. He made the conscious decision to take the life of his own son (a decision that I can assume he didnt take lightly) after seeing what kind of monster he was soon to become. I can tell you this- If I could see the future, and I knew that my child would eventually become one of the monsters that you read about in these forums alone... I would rather have his/her death on my conscience than the destruction of someone elses life that I could have prevented. Is it a drastic and unlikely scenario? Of course. But hypothetically speaking, if that means I need help, I'm willing to accept that
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 14:02
Chris
This is the most sick and twisted justification for murdering your own flesh and blood I've ever heard, you know, aside from actually murdering your own flesh and blood.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 17:06
Poetic Justice
I didnt say that I think the idea is wonderful and exciting, and cant wait for my very own opportunity to do it to my own children... I simply said that I can understand it. And that if I was the mother of (let's say one of those animals responsible for the gang-rape thread that was up here a while ago, seeing as we dont actually know what *this* kid did), I might not have acted differently. I apologize if taking people like that out of this world means more to me than trying to 'rehabilitate' them and allowing them to destroy someone elses life after, but that's how I feel and I dont foresee it changing any time soon.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 19:14
Chris
Prison is not a rehab facility. It's a punishment. Life in prison would have been fine. That man ruined his entire family. He was a sick and twisted man, and for this, I do believe he should be subject to capital punishment.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 07:23
Chris
People, when did rape and sexual abuse become worse than murder? Did I miss the memo?
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 14:15
Music God CJ Plain
When did I miss the memo that the rights of the CRIMINAL were MORE important than the victim?
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 14:16
Chris
When did I miss the memo that a criminal's punishment has anything to do with the rights of a victim?
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 14:37
Music God CJ Plain
Are you serious?? Really?

The victim is the EXACT reason that the criminal is BEING punished...Their rights have EVERYTHING to do with it. As far as it goes...I don't care what anyone says. The EXACT problem with the American criminal system is the mindset of people. We've become a nation of pussies who are more concerned with if JoJo the Jerk-off can be rehabilitated than we are with the pain and anguish these pieces of crap have inflicted on their victims.

The victim is NOT the only victim so to speak. What about the anguish of the mother and father that lost their child? How many memories were robbed from them?

I have ZERO sympathy for a sexual predator. I never have and I never WILL! If we can't kill them...we should at least be able to lock them up forever.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 14:46
Chris
Then you clearly have a blurred definition of what rights are. When someone commits a crime, they submit their rights to the legal system, not to the victim. The victim doesn't get to decide anything. They're simply a victim and nothing more. Beyond that, the legal system is supposed to take care of anything. The victim doesn't have a "right" to carry out her own punishment if he or she feels the court's punishment is insufficient. It doesn't work that way. You haven't answered my question before: What of your use of the word "cure"? Do you think what goes on in the mind of a sexual predator is basically something that's not working the way it's supposed to?

The victim is NOT the only victim so to speak. What about the anguish of the mother and father that lost their child? How many memories were robbed from them?

What, you mean that the father stole from her? You mean HER son that her husband murdered?

Also: The EXACT problem with the American criminal system is the mindset of people. We've become a nation of pussies who are more concerned with if JoJo the Jerk-off can be rehabilitated than we are with the pain and anguish these pieces of crap have inflicted on their victims.

Are you referring to me here?
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 15:11
Laurarose
yowzer. Thats all insane.
But in that set of mind, god knows what I'd do on the spur of the moment. If I had a son and he had done something like that to my daughter- and young daughter at that- I might lose my head... i don't htink I'd go as far as to kill him. Maybe just beat the crap out of him.
Who knows.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 15:32
Estella
Yes, I imagine his state of mind was severely disturbed at what had happened, and that what he did was a crime of passion rather than a rational decision. People do go crazy with rage and do things they'd never normally do. All the more reason why possession of guns is not the wisest idea!
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 15:45
The Ryan
Hahaha. What is the point in the constiutional right to own guns if you can't shoot your kids, or strangers, or whoever you feel like, every now and then, yo!? ;D
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 15:50
Estella
I think we should have virtual guns on Bloop, yo. Then we could get a feel for American culture, and also we'd get to shoot all the Blooperz who annoy or offend us! I think this needs to be put in the Bloop suggestion box, Steve, yo!
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2009, 15:53
The Ryan
HAHAHAHA. Yes, yo!! "I am keeping this gun at my diary because it is in my bloop users agreement! It is only here to protect me from people who piss me off! And yes I know it's uncivilised and a bit barbaric to own guns for the sake of it. But like, ages ago, someone wrote down that I should be allowed one. So trigger happiness is mine!" ;D
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends