Show Us Your... Doggies!!! ♥
0 likes [|reply]
16 Nov 2009, 18:49
[accepting.change]
Awww. She is cute.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Nov 2009, 18:58
neverpretty
What is/are your dog's name(s)? His name is Kuma!
How old are they/When did they become a part of your family? He is a year and a half old now.
How did they become a part of your family? We...bought him at a pet store.
Why did you choose that breed? We wanted a small non-shedding dog and he's a malti-pom.
Can they do any tricks? He knows how to sit, lay down and fetch.
Tell us about your dog's personality/likes/dislikes, or feel free to add a few random facts about your precious pooch: If it is left out and my puppy can grab it, he will. Shoes/socks/wallets, EVERYTHING. He's VERY mischievious. He likes to sit with me on the computer chair. Sometimes he sits in my lap, or sometimes he'll sit between my back and the computer chair. He's also very yippy and energetic. What is/are your dog's name(s)?
How old are they/When did they become a part of your family?
How did they become a part of your family?
Why did you choose that breed?
Can they do any tricks?
Tell us about your dog's personality/likes/dislikes, or feel free to add a few random facts about your precious pooch:

0 likes [|reply]
16 Nov 2009, 18:59
neverpretty
ugh, i hate this no edit function...

Photobucket
0 likes [|reply]
16 Nov 2009, 21:34
Aspiring Boxer
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/DutchRabbitBreeder/Dog%20pics/P9102860.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/DutchRabbitBreeder/Dog%20pics/P9102864.jpg[/IMG]

What is/are your dog's name(s)? Spike
How old are they/When did they become a part of your family? 3 years old
How did they become a part of your family? I was at the local Humane Society looking at cats with my friend (she wanted to adopt a cat). I'm not much of a cat person so I went to the dog section and the first dog I saw was him. It was love at first sight.
Why did you choose that breed? Spike is a Great Dane/Border Collie mix. Both breeds are my favorite so it was a win-win. Plus, there was just something about him that made me fall for him.
Can they do any tricks? Handshake, high five, sit, lie down, stay, come, and that treat on nose-wait-go-flip and catch it in midair trick.
Tell us about your dog's personality/likes/dislikes, or feel free to add a few random facts about your precious pooch: Spike is a VERY hyper dog but at times he is a total lap dog. He thinks he's a 90 pound lap dog. He's around 6 years old now but you would never guess it. He looks and acts like a puppy. He's really good with animals and kids. His favorite thing to do is to herd the goats back into his pen. We're still working on the part where he stops at the pen door. Right now he still runs into the pen and corners them, sniffs and licks them all over. The goats are terrified of dogs and don't take that too kindly! He used to chase chickens and ducks but doesn't anymore. He's very obedient and is very eager to please. And don't get me started on squeaky toys. He LOVES those.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/DutchRabbitBreeder/Dog%20pics/Cricket4.jpg[/IMG]

What is/are your dog's name(s)? Cricket
How old are they/When did they become a part of your family? 13 years old, became a part of the family at 2 years of age.
How did they become a part of your family? We adopted her from the Humane Society. I was in the 5th grade and I've been begging for a dog for two years. My dad would take me to the Humane Society from time to time to look at the dogs (I didn't understand that the dogs were at risk of being put down :( ) When we saw her, I asked dad if I could pet her. So he asked for someone to do a meet-and-greet. When we went into the private meeting room, my dad sat down and Cricket came up to him, sat and laid her head in his lap. Needless to say, we brought her home. She is mostly my dad's dog. She totally loves him.
Why did you choose that breed? We didn't choose her. She chose us.
Can they do any tricks? Sit, down, stay, come.
Tell us about your dog's personality/likes/dislikes, or feel free to add a few random facts about your precious pooch: She's a very stubborn dog. There are times where she pretends to not hear us (literally). She's an alpha dog. When we go on a car trip to Ocean Shores or something, she would sit in the very far back of the Suburban but during the road trip, she'd slowly sneak into the far back seat. Then slowly sneak into the back passenger seat. And keep going until she was busted or until she got to the middle seat and put her head in between my parents.
When Jane (my little sister) and I were sad, Cricket would sit and scoot over with her butt glued to the floor, eyes squinted and put her head between our arms to cheer us up. It worked. Every single time.
She's a really old dog now (13 years old). Has lost most of her hearing and struggles with arthritis. Our time with her is very short now but when she goes, I'll be happy with all those memories I had growing up with my dog.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Nov 2009, 21:35
Aspiring Boxer
This seriously needs an edit button...

0 likes [|reply]
16 Nov 2009, 22:54
something amazing.
I'm actually dogless right now. My Toby passed away while we were on our honeymoon. He got out of my mom's house and chased a four-wheeler. He got his back leg scratched, but no other damage. He had Addison's disease, which affected his adrenal system. Basically, his body couldn't handle stress. When my dad died, he got sick and when we moved to another apartment, he got sick. Anyway, when he got clipped, his body went into shock and he died instantly. I'm still heart broken over it. What is/are your dog's name(s)? Toby aka TobyRyobi aka Toberooni aka Tobesters
How old are they/When did they become a part of your family? Toby was 3 or 4 (they were unsure on age) when I adopted him, and passed away two years later.
How did they become a part of your family? I had another dog, Chewy (short for Chewbacca), a pomeranian, that I had to put to sleep due to aggression. I wanted another dog and because our family was used to and loved rat terriers, I looked for one online and found Toby (his first name was Danger) on the NSPCA website.
Why did you choose that breed? My mom and I had gotten a rat terrier from my math teacher my sophomore year in high school and he changed our lives. He stayed to live with my mom, and he was the best dog. Loved car rides, had great energy and was such a lovebug. He was the coolest dog ever and I wanted one as well.
Can they do any tricks? Toby was very food motivated. When I adopted him he was 50lbs (which is WAY TOO OBESE!) and I got him down to 22lbs. He learned to work for his treats. He would dance (stand on his hind legs and spin in a circle), and if you said, "What do you do when you want a treat?" he would sit and then you would say, "Then what do you do?" and he would lay down.
Tell us about your dog's personality/likes/dislikes, or feel free to add a few random facts about your precious pooch: He was a problem child. He didn't like other dogs except my mom's dogs and my sister's puppy. He didn't learn to play with other dogs until my sister got her puppy and then you couldn't get him to stop. He LOVED running and being free. He enjoyed making me run and was my best workout partner. He was named by my dad (who passed away about three weeks after I got Toby). My dad asked me to come home with a puppy and I came home with this big fat dog who actually jumped into my dad's lap the second he got home. My dad really loved that dog before he passed away. Toby got me through my dad's death and it's funny... it's like he was there for me through the hardest part of my life. I was severely depressed after my dad died. I wouldn't have gotten out of bed if Toby hadn't be there and needed me. Now I'm in this new part of my life and I'm so sad Toby couldn't be a part of it.

0 likes [|reply]
16 Nov 2009, 23:05
Spot the Difference
now that is the sweetest dog i've ever seen.. at least he's in doggy heaven with bones, pillows, steak and cats in trees for him to bark at.. :D.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Nov 2009, 23:13
something amazing.
Thank you. He hated sleeping on the foot of the bed. He had to be under the blankets, head on the pillow and sleep right next to me. He was my spooning buddy! I'm glad he doesn't hurt anymore. He'd get so sick... throwing up, bad stomachaches and just miserable. Now I know he doesn't hurt anymore which makes me feel so much better.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Nov 2009, 23:27
[accepting.change]
Awww. Ha. Doobie is like that too. If he isn't under the cover and his head on a pillow; he will let it be known that he isn't happy. And then if we accidently move him in the middle of the night, he will growl at you. :)
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 01:59
something amazing.
lol yep, Toby would do the growling thing. If you did move him, he'd get off the bed and go curl up in the corner farthest away from you as if to say, "Fine, I'll just lay over here... all alone... don't worry about me... I'll be okay..." Then I'd wake up and he'd be hogging the bed once again. lol.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 02:19
[accepting.change]
How funny. If we move around too much or keep disturbing Doobie, he will jump off the bed and go to sleep in his bed. For some reason, I feel bad when I realize it and I'll put him back in our bed. Oh man, for him being a 14 pound dog; he sure does take up almost a queen size bed. He knows how to hog that damn bed.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 01:45
|stripes|
What a horribly sad story! I didn't know dogs could get such an illness like that, poor thing.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 01:58
something amazing.
Addison's disease is pretty manageable if caught early. We had Toby for about 5 months before he was diagnosed (after a 5 day, 500 dollar vet stay) and it was pretty manageable, but after a year, it just got worse and worse to where he was on a monthly shot and then daily pills. He was also diagnosed with another disease, IMHA, which causes the red blood cells to attack one another. He was a trooper. If I ever do get another dog, the first thing I'm going to do is take them to the vet to have a full blood panel and urine/fecal test. I don't know if I can handle anymore sick dogs.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 02:25
[accepting.change]
I can understand that. Doobie got Parvo when he was six months old and it was so scary. After it almost killed him and a couple thousand dollar vet bill; he made it. But it was such a slow touch and go process for a few weeks. That is the first time I ever really cried that hard in my life. We held off getting him his second and third round of shots and I felt like him getting Parvo was karma and since then, that boy has been to the vet regularly and as soon as something appears to be wrong with him. L0L. I gotta tell you, your story about Toby made me wanna cry. :-x
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 03:41
kid at heart.
Aww, I'm sorry about Toby. I had to put my 13 year old cat to sleep about a month ago and that was one of the hardest things I've done. They're so much more than just pets.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 02:03
|stripes|
Photobucket

What is/are your dog's name(s)? Bella

How old are they/When did they become a part of your family? She is 7 years old and I got her for my 17th birthday after my previous dog died.

How did they become a part of your family? My other dog died so we got a new one.

Why did you choose that breed? My family have always had Cocker Spaniels. They are lovely dogs.

Can they do any tricks? No I haven't taught her anything. She sits to be fed and doesn't eat until I tell her to. I didn't even teach her that so I think it's pretty cool.

Tell us about your dog's personality/likes/dislikes, or feel free to add a few random facts about your precious pooch: She is the most adorable, loving dog ever. She loves being held and cuddled but if there's a mandarin around then she's more interested in that. She loves mandarins. My parents have a mandarin tree and she'll just go down and pull one off and then eat it. She'll bite into it and peel the fruit off the skin with her teeth. I bought my brother's puppy a toy and she's claimed it as hers and loves playing with it and won't let the puppy play with it. She's a grumpy old lady too. Doesn't like other dogs. When my brother takes them to the dog park she just sits in the water bowl the whole time and avoids the other dogs. She loves water. She'll go swimming every chance she gets and if there's no pool around then the water bowl will do.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 03:15
something amazing.
She peels her own fruit?! Oh wow, what a smartie pants!
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 03:34
|stripes|
She peels it and leaves the skin for the garden :P
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 02:07
ThatDarnMiranda

What is/are your dog's name(s)? Horatio (but we call him Ho-Dog)

How old are they/When did they become a part of your family? We got him about a year ago and he's 3 years old.

How did they become a part of your family? We got him because a guy that works with my husband was getting stationed somewhere new and his new house didn't have enough room for him, his wife, their 3 kids (and one on the way) and 2 boxers. So we gladly took Horatio!

Why did you choose that breed? Boxers have always been a favorite of mine and my husbands. Something about all that loose skin! Plus, they're so amazing with kids!

Can they do any tricks? He obeys all verbal and hand motion commands. He lets us balance treats on his nose, then he kinda jerks his head and pops them into the air and catches them. Mostly, his best trick is looking adorable to get whatever he wants.

Tell us about your dog's personality/likes/dislikes, or feel free to add a few random facts about your precious pooch: He's our cranky old man. He farts a lot. He's the worst guard dog EVER, as he'd rather sniff new people than anything else. He's very protective of our son though. Funniest thing, though, is to watch how he intently listens to my husband as he sings that song James Blunt song "You're Beautiful" to him. lol.

0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 02:28
[accepting.change]
Omg! He looks so fat and cute.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 03:36
|stripes|
I love Boxers! They are lovely dogs.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 10:28
.Blue Bella.
Boxers are probably one of my favourite breeds. My parents have 2 (the younger is actually the older ones pup). They are so amazing with my daughter and my niece.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Nov 2009, 02:32
Makayla
My parents have a female boxer. She looks a lot like yours but she has more white on her too.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 03:31
♥ Steph
(Sorry about the large pics)

What is/are your dog's name(s)? This is Bella :)
How old are they/When did they become a part of your family? She's almost 26 weeks old
How did they become a part of your family?: My fiancee found her in the craigslist ads and they just wanted to give her away, so we went to see her, I feel in love and she was my brithday present.
Why did you choose that breed? I didn't really choose by breed, we knew we wanted a smaller dog and she's a chihuahua/terrier mix so...
Can they do any tricks? Nope lol
Tell us about your dog's personality/likes/dislikes, or feel free to add a few random facts about your precious pooch: She's still VERY hyper and never seems to run out of energy, but she's the sweetest dog and is attached at our hips and we can't go anywhere without her following us or whining to be with us. She's the sweetest dog though :)

What is/are your dog's name(s)? Jessie
How old are they/When did they become a part of your family? She's roughly 3-4 years old, maybe close to 5. She becamse part of our family about 2 years ago.
How did they become a part of your family? She belonged to my brothers girlfriend and really took to us when we all lived together and when my brothers gf said she couldn't/didn't want to keep her, we adopted her :)
Why did you choose that breed? Same as above answer, didn't choose lol.
Can they do any tricks? She knows how to sit...And she has fetch halfway lol. That's about it,
Tell us about your dog's personality/likes/dislikes, or feel free to add a few random facts about your precious pooch: She's the biggest sweetheart, she's very calm, never barks doesn't growl unless it's in play. She likes to play halfway fetch which is where we throw and than she doesn't give it back unless we go after her lol. We love em both! :D
0 likes [|reply]
17 Nov 2009, 03:44
kid at heart.
I am dying to get a dog and this forum is NOT helping at all ;D.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends